Geelong, VIC - Currumbin, QLD & Return.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just got back yesterday from taking my brand new Navara and family fully loaded from Geelong, VIC upto Currumbin, QLD for a couple of weeks.
Took the inland trip on the way up (Hume Fwy then Newell most of the way) started off getting only 500/550 k's out of a tank with air con on, then heading home coastal (Pacific Hwy) still loaded and with air con averaged about 650/700 k's out of a tank. Noticed that sitting on 110 through NSW seemed to guzzle a fair bit more than when cruising on 100 on the open roads.

No problems what so ever with NAV, slightly bumpy ride in some cases but the condition of the roads didnt help to much either.........

Tub comes of this weekend ready for the Tray to get fabricated and fitted.

Vic to Qld, thats a big trip.

Me and a couple of mates have driven from Newcastle in NSW to the Gold Coast. I think that was 9 hours of driving.

We went up in a Mazda 6 luxury sports, Absolute beautiful car. I am pretty sure that thing was getting in the 6L/100km's on the open highway.

How many km's on the trip.

Dave.

het matt
great to see another geelong member:victory:
sounds like a great trip,hope to do the same sometime this year.drove to albury last week and once i hit thye 110 km i did notice it sucked alot more juice especialy towing a trailer

Another Geelong boy (GO CATS). Your trip sounds awesome, I picked up my new D40 last Thursday & as soon as I can, intend to get out there.

Excellent, Go Catters !!
All up clocked up around 4200 kms including a little driving while up there!
Interesting drive with a 3 year old & a 6 month old in the back, but all in all a great trip.
Will have to organise a 4WD day for the Navara Geelong boys sometime in the future !!

Sounds like a good trip to run the Nav in, don't forget the guy on the other side of the bay if you are looking to go for a wheel somewhere. :big_smile:

Why not post before you go on these trips? I live on the Gold Coast and would enjoy meeting some of you blokes on my home patch and may be able to point you to some interesting places and avoid the tourist traps. :victory:

Last time I tried that trip, VIC to Gold Coast, my 88 Navara shit itself the second it left Victoria, with a 750kg boat trailer tagging along. A whole lot of bearings in the transmission were ultra noisy, I think the previous owner pulled his bloody caravan around in OD full time, then up his steep-as driveway in low range second, toooo heavy.

Embarking on such a journey with shot bearings was, in hindsight, a very poor move. One $3000 rebuild in Albury and ten days later, it was back down to Wandong in Victoria, regroup, then Wandong to Canberra, Canberra to Gold Coast. With the trailer again, in 4th most of the way, 5th downhill. Probably got about 450-500 out of 65L, the engine was at 3500rpm the whole way. Uncomfortable in a single cab diesel with no soundproofing or air con. It was a pretty quick trip, we only stopped for fuel and driver changes from Canberra to the Coast.

currumbin RSL has a good feed, and the the surf club isn't bad for a coldie either. I just tiled the womens toilet there for them 2 weeks ago and they offer a $5 tradesman breakfast and lunch. i dragged the job out an extra day so i could get another big cheap feed ;) oh and this super hot blonde works out each morning there ... oh boy what a sight.

Its funny that you should mention this.

I like big breakfasts and hot blondes.

From what I can tell though neither really like me :confused:

Latest posts

Back