30 k service

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojo

Reaction score
Slow day at work for me, so I have been on the phone to a couple of dealers in Sydney, these are the prices I have been quoted for a 30 k service:
Parramata $454
Liverpool $420
Rockdale $395
Sutherland $370
Randwicke $360
Penrith $360
Ryde $338
Burwood $290

These are all Nissan dealers, all use the same Nissan semi-synthetic oil, so why the difference ?

If you could figure out why then it would save a lot of stuffing around for so many people. Some dealers will say the manufacturers set the price, others say they do it at what it costs them and then the manufacturers say it's done at a dealer level to match competition in the area.

I don't exactly know what that competition is because there isn't often two dealerships next to each other and if they are competing with other dealerships or non dealer mechanics they have a serious problem with most of their calculations.

One of the biggest areas of discrepancy does appear to be with parts though, no two dealers have the same price for parts any more yet they will all tell you they are getting the price of the Nissan database. Ring up and ask them to quote prices on the parts needed for said service, last time I did that it was amazing the difference in $50 parts.

30,000km service is just oil and filter for the engine.

40,000km is the major service.

Dave.

Back