The new guys 253rwhp D21

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timtams

Reaction score
Well since I sold te Cressida due to turning it out of a tow at I figured I would buy something that will just tow and not need to modify. Started looking at pajeros and landcruisers etc couldn't find anything decent under $10k. Being a tow car I wanted to be at least comfortable and large enough to fit the dogs and the wifey and spare parts ( in that order ). Drove past an old 86model navara and said wow that's neat. Looked at the price only wanted a few grand and it had only just been done up, new paint stereo interior late model paj wheels yet still had air and steer. Sweet. Tow car sorted. So I thought.

Then moved onto the rolla which has stalled due to everyone that I need to work on it are super duper busy. Hmmmmm boredom sets in.

After a few calls and suggestions I come across an EFI'd Z2.4 turboed engine with forgies, turbo grind cam, VG30 turbo, autronic ecu, blitz EBC. Take said in modifiable tow car to roadrunner fab and this is the result.

a939c90c.jpg

Note the VR4 front mount

5a7d3d14.jpg

The autronic SMC and EBC

44bb6bc5.jpg

Current front view

e6c260b2.jpg

83d8b749.jpg

Custom surge tank under car with 044 pumps and facet lift pump

05c979ae.jpg

3inch mandrel exhaust with resonator and muffler

Cheers guys.

Any idea on what headgaskets you can get for this engine? Im sure it wont last too long :devil:

Nice build mate, maybe a Copper head gasket.

How much boost you running ?

Dave.

Shit thats some boost for a petrol.

Have you looked into info in the US ?

The Yanks have done some good work on KA24E/DE turbo's and I reckon alot of Z24's would have been turboed over there.

Dave.

Not sure, If i were you id think about running an intercooler with that sort of boost pressure. Will give ur engine alot more life. Probably no room for a front mount? Top mount might be the go! Then u can put a scoop on the bonnet, will look tuff:D

The Z series engines came either twin spark or single.

The CA series engine came both aswell.

Dave.

Not sure, If i were you id think about running an intercooler with that sort of boost pressure. Will give ur engine alot more life. Probably no room for a front mount? Top mount might be the go! Then u can put a scoop on the bonnet, will look tuff:D

It's already running a stealth cooler if u look closely at the front pic you can see it behind the spotties, had to cut the grill out as I wanted to keep the aircon.

Last edited:
Considered a Copper headgasket ?

KA24's are built off the Z24, look at the headgaskets from the states.

From memory 1 oil line is slightly off.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back