Aux rear work lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merchant

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone out there have a rear axillary work light installed on their rig. I am considering installing one for when we are trying to set up the van at night. It's annoying when you put your stubbie down to do something and not find it again till sun up.

Just looking for ideas.

Photo's would be nice.

I use a head lamp. Bought a 1W unit from Aldi - see the first picture. I might look like a dickhead when I'm wearing it, but compare the beam of the 1W unit in the second picture to a 9-LED hand-held light.

The difference is staggering. I was holding the 9-LED torch out in front of me, because held beside my head it didn't even register on the wall.

The head mounted unit has the added advantage of automatically turning any way you turn your head (now ain't THAT a bloody surprise).

Attachments

• Aldi Head Lamp.jpg
    Aldi Head Lamp.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Aldi Head Lamp Comparison.jpg
    Aldi Head Lamp Comparison.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 66
I want to do a couple of rear LED worklights soon as well, wonder if rescue can do up a special for us forum buddies?

I have a light attached to the inside of my canopy and wired into the tail lights. When I'm fishing around in the back at night I just turn on the park lights and then reach into the back and flick on the canopy light and hay presto there is light. (It is annoying when you forget to turn off the canopy light before turning the park lights off and then next time you turn the lights on while driving you get this annoying glow in the rear view mirror).

Sorry I don't have any pictures at moment but can get if required.

I want to do a couple of rear LED worklights soon as well, wonder if rescue can do up a special for us forum buddies?

When I get back from South Africa for sure, I leave on Saturday back on 6th November...

my setup

I've got these 2 britax ignite 55w flood lights on my rear roof bar. I can easily rotate from rear or side facing. I've used 2 switches so i only have to turn on the one that i need. Great for work if i'm finishing after dark and camping. I just back up towards camp and use it over bbq etc. Seem to be made tough and if they survive on the trucks they'll be fine on my little nav. Ignite Worklights | Work Light | Britax Automotive Equipment

Last edited:

here are the LED brand lights on the back of my roof racks - only been camping with them once since being installed, and they are the best way of lighting your camp site QUICKLY once you get there - no mucking aournd with setting lights up and moveing them, tripping over them (loosing your can of beer in the dark) ...

I have these switched from the dash board, and then also have individual 'kill' switches in the back of the canopy so i can turn them on/off at night, even with the car locked. Means i dont have to go in and out of the car all the time at night. Also, i've made sure the power source is from the 2nd battery.

NOTE: you can get these in white (as shown) or black - no difference in price.

Another tip:
use nylon wasers above and below the mounted bracket, with self locking nut. This way you can easiely adjust the lights and turn them around to suit your camp site.

P8130068.jpg

P8130067.jpg

Gents,
I have Orderd these a pair of Rigid Industries Duallys and will three way switch them On/Off/Reverse

Matt

Nav

They look they belong on the Space Shuttle. Very snazzie. When do you expect them and are you ordering them from the States? I would love to know their performance so please post results once you get them fitted.

The cost looks decent also.

the cost of LED lights is ridiculous. how can they be worth that much compared to Halogen. manufacture cost would be similar. I got both my lights for $35 or something. Though i love the idea of low power comsuption and longlife the price has to come down before i switch. Nice looking lights though, i think i saw someone advertising those in the lastest 4wd action mag. Can imagine what they are asking though.

the cost of LED lights is ridiculous. how can they be worth that much compared to Halogen.

There is a simple answer to that, they are relatively new (to some people) and people are fascinated by them so manufactures know asking stupid prices is still going to get sales.

We made a few LED prawn lights about 10 years ago using a bit of conduit a small salsa jar and a PCB made from a diagram in an electronics mag, cost us all of about $20 in parts. 12 months later manufactured LED prawn lights hit the market and they started at $150. Sure they were moulded plastic and looked a bit neater than ours but people thought they were the new must have item when chasing prawns so they paid the price. Those smart enough saved themselves $130 and did it themselves. Same thing goes for these lights, buy the parts and DIY and you'll pay a more respectable price just like LED prawn lights are now a more respectable price.

Nav

They look they belong on the Space Shuttle. Very snazzie. When do you expect them and are you ordering them from the States? I would love to know their performance so please post results once you get them fitted.

The cost looks decent also.

Thanks Merchant,
I'm getting mine from Snake Racing who seem to be the Oz Agent for them and this is what they Quote on their Website,

"A 4 LED light in a compact 2x2 package that can be used for anything from a reverse light on a truck, a handlebar light on a Motorcycle, to a flood light on a trailer. With 1000 lumens of light, this small light has the same light output as a 50W MR16. At a small 3"-3" this light can fit anywhere. Pulling only 10W you won't find a more efficient, compact light source in HID or halogen. This light pulls half of what your stock turn signals use. Please contact us for a variety of mounting solutions including rechargeable battery packs. "

I have a sparky mate who has told me he can also wire them up to work of a remote like the one on your keyring now that is gonna be cool :) will post pics when installed.

:cheers!:
Matt

PS I agree that they are a little Pricy but when they can do this to them I'm impressed. I also here you say when are you going to be firing a 5.62 Standard NATO round at them.......... You just never know!!..Haha :) Oh and they will Compliment this on the front too...........

Last edited:
Hi all,

Does anyone out there have a rear axillary work light installed on their rig. I am considering installing one for when we are trying to set up the van at night. It's annoying when you put your stubbie down to do something and not find it again till sun up.

Just looking for ideas.

Photo's would be nice.

I would just go to the esky and get ANOTHER one.....lol:rock:

Latest posts

Back