How safe is your area ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Driving around for work I often use the scanner on the uhf and listen to the police frequency.

Its amazing the amount of crap the police put up with.

Heard last night over the radio of a old bloke in a wheelchair playing chicken with cars on the road while waving a stick in Tanilba Bay.

^ Funny shit.

Any cops here, one of my good mates is a copper, 2 of my cousins are coppers and a girl I know in Tasmania is a copper.

I have heard some weird shit and some funny stories.

Dave.

Where do you find out the channel freq's to program? I'm in Brissie.

I thought a lot of the cops were on digital stuff now anyway?

Yeah most of the capital cities are on digital. I am only 30 minutes from newcastle.

Newcastle is on digital but I can hear Taree to Scone. Thats a fair distance. Most rural areas are still on analog.

I dont know what transmission gear the police are using but Fark me is powerful.

The frequency mine is set on is 468,050mhz.

Dave.

police cars in qld use there own uhf channel and if you speak to the right people, that sell uhfs you gan get their channel on your uhf. after talking to a cop they also have a normal uhf in their cars as well so you never know who is listening:victory:

Yeah I can program up to 20 extra receive only channels on my UHF myself, tells me how in the manual lol.

Last week I heard a police woman talk over channel 40 as if it was her police radio, the truckies all had a laugh, perhaps she picked up the wrong mic? Stareted describing 4 'pacific islander' youths loitering in a park.

Used to listen in the morning in perth to find out where multanovas were gettin set up. saved my some fair few speedy fines ay.

yeah channel 40 is good on the highway from here to brisbane, and in brisbane channel 7 is the channel if ya wanna be a f@ck wit and start arguments.

This area is pretty good for uhf radio mentality.

You get the ocassional wanker talking crap and the occasional guy who decides to play his music collection over the uhf.

Channel 1 this way has all the people with no lives who sit on the radio all night talking about there day.

Dave.

There are some knuckleheads on channel 40 in Brisbane, my brother inlaw drives a concrete truck and reckons most truckies turn off the uhf as they approach Brissie, it's that bad.

hey dave the cop scanners r funny shit.......often listen at home and thats the channel i got it in my truck at work

Yeah Raymond Terrace is certainly a interesting place and Taree and Tanilba Bay.

Maitlo isn't to bad going by the scanner.

Dave.

Theres channel 17 up here where the is always a bloke in england yarning on. he hears us fine, as we do him. obviously knows his shit.

Some people love there amature radio's.

Not really for me but good luck to em.

Dave.