Lacking of Ramp Over

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bosshog

Reaction score
Think I need bigger tyres to keep the Nav's belly off the ground...

Dunemonument.jpg

Bothwheelsofftheground.jpg

So all-in-all a great day was had yesterday!!

Gus

Last edited:
Great piccy there Bosshog.

I also have a 2inch lift on my RX, and a spare set of 32inch muddies for when i go off road - i'm hoping that it all helps when i put my nav to the test ...

I see you have the standard h/d tow bar - do you drag it a lot when 4wd'ing too? I changed from the std tow bar to an Ironman rear step bar, it has given me an extra 100mm rear clearance.

nice work gus!

Thanks Jayk, I already try to do my best at everything including getting hung up on a dune!

Great piccy there Bosshog.

I also have a 2inch lift on my RX, and a spare set of 32inch muddies for when i go off road - i'm hoping that it all helps when i put my nav to the test ...

Woody throw the muddies on and get to it; there is nothing better. I love taking the Nav places Nissan never thought a D40 would ever go.

I see you have the standard h/d tow bar - do you drag it a lot when 4wd'ing too? I changed from the std tow bar to an Ironman rear step bar, it has given me an extra 100mm rear clearance.

I looked at a replacement rear step but as you can see went for a custom (chromoly) tube rear bar. The tow bar drags but it does not stop me. The IFS and low front ground clearance is the only thing that can pull me up. The bash plate acts as a bulldoser and eventually you run out of horsepower to push it along.

Nice pic! How steep was the other side?

Matt, well there is a story! In short a blessing in disguse getting hung up. The other side was impassable as the solid axle 4WDs had cut the track badly and it would have been a difficult recovery as there was a short gully followed by another steep dune.

The long wheel base kills any hope of a decent ramp over on these barges..

Kingcab, bigger tyres is the only solution.

was that in SA

Peake?

or Robe?

Nathan, go straight to the top of the class. Correct with your first guess.

:thank_you2:

yeah but 265/75 is as big as I would dare to go with the pissy front diff and Bathurst gear ratios.

Latest posts

Back