D40 2" Body Lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noremac

Reaction score
I have a d40 daul cab that I want to do a 2" body lift on, I know about all the usaul stuff that can be a problems like brake lines and bull bars needing to be lifted, but mine is an auto and I would like to know if the gear sector height becomes a problem after the body lift.? I assume that it would end up 2" lower.? thanks

From what I have read, it isn't a problem, brake lines should be ok too, The fan can hit the radiator shroud, and the radiator shroud can hit them engine cover.

D40 bodylift are easy to do [ just done 2 in the last fortnight]
2" kit including fitting guide $400
Both D40s were manuals.
Just check underneath you will find the shifer is cable operated, if so no problems
Cheers

Thanks mate, have u got a 'special navara forum price' on those kits.? send me a pm if theres anything u can do.

I think it depends on the engineer and state. But no engineer in Vic will pass a B.L with a vehicle fitted with airbags.

Body lifts are not illegal.
Bodylifts do not affect airbag operation.
Cheers

In QLD (which is where Zordo is) it is a little different.
We have to go to qld transport to get a "request to modify" form and then fill in all the details of what we are going to do (body lift) and what materials etc are being used.
Then once they read that, they give ya pre approval for the lift and give you a set time to get the vehicle in for an inspection. (you pay for this)

Once inspected if it is all good then you get a little form to carry around in ya glove box for eva more. BUT be warned when they inspect the car they will go over everything not just the body lift and they will be fussy.

In QLD (which is where Zordo is) it is a little different.
We have to go to qld transport to get a "request to modify" form and then fill in all the details of what we are going to do (body lift) and what materials etc are being used.
Then once they read that, they give ya pre approval for the lift and give you a set time to get the vehicle in for an inspection. (you pay for this)

Once inspected if it is all good then you get a little form to carry around in ya glove box for eva more. BUT be warned when they inspect the car they will go over everything not just the body lift and they will be fussy.

Ok, different rules depending on where you live, But Zordo states that bodylifts don't effect airbag operation, I am interested in finding the evidence that supports that statement so I can have some leverage over a Victorian Engineer.

Ok, different rules depending on where you live, But Zordo states that bodylifts don't effect airbag operation, I am interested in finding the evidence that supports that statement so I can have some leverage over a Victorian Engineer.

Hey...

Is there any difference in chassis-to-body height between a 4x2 and 4x4 D40 like there is with the D21 and possibly D22...?

4x4 D21s are 50mm higher off the chassis than 4x2 from factory.

Somebody check this on the D40. If so you may have an avenue.

Latest posts

Back