TJM XGS Gold Lift for the D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Such Is Life

Reaction score
Hi everyone i am :devil:new to this forum.
Just wanted to share, had a supposed 2 inch lift on the Nav last week from TJM O'Connor, Perth turned out to be a little more than that.

Front ended up 65mm over standard and the rear is up 95 mm will post some photos and measurements soon.

The guys at TJM were really helpful and installed lift kit, winch and bash plates for $3700.00. I rang ARB was quoted another $1000 over TJM's price and had to wait 3 days for the privilege.

First impressions on the suspension is awesome, it has transformed the vehicle. There is not much posted out there on the TJM XGS Gold so wanted to put it out there for those looking at a lift.
:devil:

Nice work!

How is the ride now mate? I got lovells gear which lifted it around the same amount but it is really rough and harsh.

Gidday in the West

I had the Ironman gear installed about 10 days ago, with very similar figures to what you got. And i too am very impressed with the cars performance. It feels very diferent (in a good way).

The rear is a little hard but I opted for the 300kg constant load leaves.
The front is a he'll of a lot better than standard.
Combined with my rear diff lock the trucks performance and capability has increased exponentially.
I will get some photos & measurements today.

Did not finish until dark will get photos up tomorrow sometime. Parked up next to my mates 06 d40 was at least 70 mm higher and drives so much smoother no more body roll.

Photos of the lift
such-is-life-albums-d40-mods-picture701t-tjm-xgs-gold-2-lift.jpg
such-is-life-albums-d40-mods-picture700t-100.jpg

From ground to guard at the front 900mm was 830mm
From ground to guard at the rear 950mm was 840mm

Did not finish until dark will get photos up tomorrow sometime. Parked up next to my mates 06 d40 was at least 70 mm higher and drives so much smoother no more body roll.

Such is life

You'll probably find the suspension will settle over the next 1000 kms or so. It'll then drop back to about the 40-50mm mark. The rears will always be higher but will drop slightly when you put a load on it.

Like you, i was amazed at the lift when i had my lovells installed. Around about the same as yours. The ride is amazing compared to the original.

As far as shocks go, you'll probably also find that most of the 'common' shocks are all the same. They do as they are designed to do. The important factor in my opinion is warranty and service.

You can't go wrong with what you have. One of my lovells failed on the Gibb and Lovell replaced it without question and then extended the warranty on the replacement shock (although, i had to send it back to SA).

Yeah I have done 1200 klms since and it has dropped back 5mm though compared to a mate of mine who fitted OME mine is still 25-30mm higher. I went for 300kg constant load leaves, a little stiff but i do not carry any weight other than camping gear.

I have had tough dog, OME and Lovell's in previous vehicles but I am very happy with the TJM gear (price and service) ARB didnt want to know me they sent the quote 3 days later and have a sign out the front saying "we are under staffed and there will be delays" in other words " we dont have enough people " so stiff s%&t.

I spent over $5k with TJM who beat ARB's price and were fantastic in their service delivery, TJM QLD sent the wrong bushes so these guys went to an outside supplier sourced the bushes and will replace with TJM gear when they arrive, now these guys are franchises so they went out of their way to ensure I had my vehicle on time, great service, they informed me of the situation instead of bullsh8tting me which I though was great.

Will let you know how it sits after 2000klms

TJM Lift KIt Issues

I had a TJM lift installed on my 2010 thai build d40 and am having trouble with the uca hitting the coil hat on speed hump and rough roads!
Has anyone else come across this with the TJM lift?

Cheers

Latest posts

Back