Re-Bushing Upper and Lower Control Arms

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

d214x4Wannabe

Hey all.... Just wondering if anyone here has ever put bushes into their d21 control arms? Is it something you can do yourself or are they pressed in? I want to do a full front end suspesion rebuild after a few weeks of flogging the crap outta my nav, just to make sure its all good the winter coming up. I know how to change ball joints and just about every other bush up front, but i have never changed contrl arm bushes. Any advice would be great. Riley.

Yeah.. they are the same design as D22, just a little different. So i guess they're a press in bush.

My mate has done the lower bushes on his D22, I remember him saying it was a prick of a job getting the old ones out.

Dave.

Just changee the uppers in my work truck D21 dual cab. Just put a thread saver ( stainless cap with special stuff inside to protect thread from hammer ) 2 swift hits and they separate, them just blew old bushes off with the oxy. was just careful to control heat while melting old ones. Clean up old rubber and new ones in from each end.

It was a quite straight forward part of the job i was doing.

Latest posts

Back