running cable from battery to the towbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whoknows

Reaction score
I was gonna get under the nav on the weekend for a looks see but ran out of time.
I want to run some 80 amp heavy duty cable from the battery (mounted driver side at the front) to the tow-bar. Can anyone give me a heads up on the best route to take.

Check out some of the dual battery builds I'm fairly sure most D22 owners have run any cables to the rear along the chassis rails. Mine's a D40 but I was going to use the passenger side chassis rail (or somewhere close) until I decided it didn't suit my needs, the D22's are no doubt similar.

Fairly straight forward to run them externally down the chasis rail. Thats how i have power going to the Tub mounted 2nd battery (currently only using 50amp cabling) - but plenty of room to extend all the way to the tow bar if needed to. I run the power to the tow bar from the 2nd battery (tub mounted) instead.

I ran mine through the chassis rail, taped the two ends together and poked it through, drivers side. Went well, better than I expected anyway, and you can't beat the protection of being inside the chassis rail.

Latest posts

Back