Be careful in the wild wild west

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j2m5k6

Reaction score
In my job i travel throughout western victoria every month and have done so for 4 years, down every type of road,track,R.O.W,fire trail and goat track imaginable. The current conditions are the worst i have ever seen, the bitumen is breaking apart everywhere and the road verges are like porridge. the indications are that it will get a lot worse before it gets any better. I am no 4wd expert but anybody planning a trip out west remember that a 2wd vehicle is only one wheel drive and a 4wd vehicle is only 2wd unless you have some sort of diff locks. be especially careful of ABS on unsealed roads as it takes way longer to pull up, be super careful if you have tyres without much grip which quickly become slicks. Also there are a lot of roads on gps units which dont exist and or are impassable, i am always coming across people stranded on tracks which even a tractor would have trouble on. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE !:3gears:

Latest posts

Back