Gps/Navigation

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooper

Reaction score
Okay so yes, I have used the search function. But I cannot seem to find anywhere helpful on installing/purchasing/free gps and or navigation maps.

Ive recently brought a double din gps combo blah blah the works for my new Navvy( its a running project haha) and Im super keen to get the gps/navigation up and running on it.

It uses SD cards to do so. Its running on CE 5.0
All I need is someone to help me to find a simple ON road navigation software
or tell me what they are using and basically give me a little review on the product and a link where do get it/down load it from.

I know Ozi Explorer seems to be the bees knees for offroading but it seems a little complicated at the moment to deal with.. unless some one gives me a little review ect :big_smile: because it does seem like a complete system for major offroading treks.

Who ever replies, thanks a mill. I really do owe you one.

Correct OziExplorer is more for offroad topographical type maps. The correct version you need to run on your stereo is this one:

http://www.oziexplorer3.com/ozice/downloads/v2a/wince_core_runtime_arm.zip

Download it and follow the instructions, it can be used in conjunction with the main pc version but works just fine without. I have the registered versions of both but you can use it as a trial to see how you like it. I just mostly use hema's range of maps as they cover everywhere I normally go and have good detail. They are also preset to be used on OZI so I don't need to calibrate them at all. If you understand torrents they are available online with a search, pm me if you want more info on where to get the hema maps.

Along the same theme for onroad navigation, try a torrent for igo8 or tomtom for pda's. I use igo8 and also polnav sometimes. All these can be found online with a bit of searching. Hope that helps a bit.

Yeah Nevyn it's my sirname not first :p I did find that website but all the links seemed to be outdated or removed as with the torrent links also :(

Jon, The trial version seems pretty good but only view demo maps obviously. Did you purchase both versions or found a torrent with it cracked? I'll pm you about the hema maps also.

As for Igo8 I've found two torrents and have them downloading. Hopefully they are full versions or are cracked also. I'll know this when I get home as I'm using my iPhone at work. Thanks for replying so fast, I need it all done by today before I head off on a quick trip.

Wow so after being away from home for a couple months and losing my SD card reader I finally found it again. Just built a new computer as my old HD died in the butt.

Time to restart my navigation downloads and installs ect. Once Ive finished searching and reading up Ill begin with setting it all up! Going to be hell cause Ive never really done CE stuff before :S

Anyone using a fantastic navigation setup please tell.

Time to start researching. Wish I had this guys car hehe. YouTube - The Hema Map Patrol

Yup already found old emails sent back and forth. Just setting up the sd card now so it goes smoothly. Had to spend 20mins finding the language option as it was in chinese. hahaha. Bastards.

Downloading the Hema maps torrent again.
Heres the link:HEMA 2008 Maps.zip
If you know how to use torrents grab that. Unfortunately no one is seeding it so will take a fair while to download.

If anyone is in the same boat as me or recently found a great torrent for maps please share :) Or if you can seed that link that would be great also.

best place for gps maps your local GPS shop

Last edited:
Please do not post links to illegal shite on here. The owners of the site can be held liable. I'm pretty sure you will find its againts the T&C's of the site too...

go to festy.org and grab the map sets he has there... other than that, there are no free australian maps.

Please do not post links to illegal shite on here. The owners of the site can be held liable. I'm pretty sure you will find its againts the T&C's of the site too...

go to festy.org and grab the map sets he has there... other than that, there are no free australian maps.

Nice try UncySpam. It's been brought up on numerous occasions that links to illegal software could get the site shut down but not everyone takes the same view and some just don't understand. For what it's worth I agree, with your statement, if people want use the illegal software that's their choice but advertising it is not really a good idea.

Well I finished downloading the torrent but cannot seem to find Ozi explorer on the internet for free other than the trial version. Guess I have to wait and save up to buy it.

Going to be good to get this up and running finally. Been along time coming.

I use Garmin Topo Aust..great stuff, and in conjunction with my laptop,
and Garmin has great support,
unlike some other well known shysters.

:cheers!:

That I couldnt answer.
Someone else on here may know, or send an email to Garmin Australia with that query.

:cheers!:

I believe once you get the right version of Garmin you can run it on the applicable platform. Not sure if they make a CE version (maybe check their website) but the PC version may work on CE, I've had it working on several different versions of Windows and Android but not CE.

Latest posts

Back