What else was the fs5w71c fitted to ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been inspired by Scottybobcat and im looking at putting some cubic inches in my D21. Thing is I wish to keep the manual trans. Such a conversion would be made a lot easier if the FS5W71C was used in any PATROLS as adaptor plates and bell housings are readily available. From the research I have done I think im out of luck. Please somebody tell me im wrong !!!

:devil:

Z31 300zx, with a different bellhousing. The turbo and non-turbo had different bellhousings too, though I'm not sure how interchangeable they are. They ran the Nissan VG30E V6 you also get in the trucks. I don't think you'd fit the turbo model in the engine bay easily.

Good luck finding a cheap manual transmission or bellhousing from a Z31 300ZX though. Closest I could find in 6 months of looking was a reconditioned gearbox from some crew in SA for about $1100

The gearbox matches the RB30 as well, used in patrols, skylines and VL Commodores, but the straight six is too long for the engine bay.

Best bet is get a Nissan V6 and manual box and transfer case from a later model Navara or Pathfinder. Came in 3 and 3.3L. I believe the transfer cases are the same, so you should be able to slot the whole engine/gearbox/transfer case in without a drama. YOu will likely need different engine mounts on the chassis.

Was actually thinking a 253 Holden motor.. Straight onto existing trans. The current Z24 has carby and points ignition and is pre unleaded fuel so i was thinking of buying an old dunnydore and steeling the engine with all attacments and grafting it in... Just thinking !!!!

Was actually thinking a 253 Holden motor.. Straight onto existing trans. The current Z24 has carby and points ignition and is pre unleaded fuel so i was thinking of buying an old dunnydore and steeling the engine with all attacments and grafting it in... Just thinking !!!!

Nnnngh. FS5W71C won't tolerate the eight.

VH45DE Nissan V8. 4.5 cheap litres. Apparently the auto box on the back of them is similar enough to the Patrol auto trans that you can fit a TX12 on the back, then SAS the ute with a MQ/MK patrol leaf axle, kill two birds with one stone and avoid having to fabricate a custom sump.

Old skool. No DE for me

FS5W71C can take up to 300 horses Yes ???

In a 2wd on car tyres yeah.

The RB30S in the GQ and the RD28T/ETI in the GQ and GU run the FS5R30A
the same box used behind the ZD30, YD25, QD32, VG30E, VG33E in the D22's.

Go the FS5R30A for more grunt, it will take it alot better then the FS5W71C.

Dave.

If you go beyond a stock motor, you'll have to do a fair whack of mods to the sump and other items too.
If its simple and cheap you're after, VG30 is probably the best shot.

They actually released the VG30 as a carby model in NZ, so if you scratch around you might even get a stock carby manifold for one, although to be honest, it's not that hard to wire up FI if you get the whole loom and ecm with the motor.
vg30snzmax.jpg

Get a v6 gearbox and change the bell housing to an rb one put a rb30 in it with the early model 2.5 de head will be a torque monster.
Yes I know its an old post before the you write and tell me

Latest posts

Back