265/75/16 & loss of power - D40 Navara?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd262

Reaction score
I have a D40 Navara TD manual and am looking at replacing the factory tyres with some decent AT's. Factory size is 255/70/16, ideally want to fit 265/75/16's to get LT construction, but the increase in size is approx 40mm larger in diametre.

Interested to know what sort of power loss im likely to get by going to this size? the other option is to fit 265/70/16s which are only a 13mm increase in dia and will bring the speedo in line with actual speed...but not LT contruction for off-road.

Please let me know what experience you have had?

Cheers,

bigger tyres

i have 267/75 BFGs on my auto D40 and the now the speedo is spot on and the power differance is not noticable. i also tow a 2 1/2 ton boat no problems.:victory:

i have 267/75 BFGs on my auto D40 and the now the speedo is spot on and the power differance is not noticable. i also tow a 2 1/2 ton boat no problems.:victory:

Hi Bob,

Did you fit them before or after fitting the DP chip and Beaudesert Exhausts system? Have heard that you need to fit a chip and exhaust to get the power back with the bigger tyres....but dont have the cash right now, and dont want to suffer major power loss until i can afford to do chip/exhaust.

Cheers,

265/75/16

had them fitted after the chip and before the exhaust.
it takes about 2 minitues to remove the chip and without the chip you would not tell the differance between the tyres, i have evan thought about going to 285/75/16 the only reason so far is QLD laws. after the vehicle devalues a bit more i might not worry so much about insurance and just get them anyway:bike:

Hi, you cant loose any power by changing tyre size but rather a decrease in acceleration. What is lost iin acceleration is gained by a drop of rev's at cruising speeds saving you fuel, l(less the increase in tyre frontal area) and your speedo will read accurate as D40 are geared for 265/75 tyres.

PS: Since you are in Brisbane you will no doubt know that QLD Transport will only allow a 15mm increase in rolling diameter, thus making 265x75x16 tyres illegal in your state? Possibly impacting on your insurance if you cause a crash?

yep that sux being in QLD. 265/70/16 best u cant go with 0.5mm to spare lol

Latest posts

Back