2009 str d22.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greystr

Reaction score
Just been to Nissan to maybe update my 3 ltr STR. Hoped to swap over canopy etc, however the new D22 is to be made in Thailand and is 90mm longer in the tray. Oh well there goes that idea.:angry:

My understanding is the D22's are still made in Japan.

Have you measured it ?

Dave.

Yep current batch are made in Japan however Nissan Australia sent out a memo this week with new specs. Only a few Jap made one's left, new batch are on the dock in Melbourne. They are also $1000 more than previous model. $30990 for ABN holders. Got the paper work here.

Not saying your not telling the truth.

Interesting why they changed the factory's.

Lets hope the quality is still as good as the Japanese made ones.

Dave.

Looks like the dealers are all out of Jap stock now. New ones are on the way. Think I saw one at the Croydon dealership today

Called in to grand nissan today.

Definately now made in Thailand. They look exactly the same. They are $31000 now, but will be about $34000 in 2 months time. The longer tray is the only difference.

They only had one left [green] of the 08 model.

Longer tray is the only difference? wonder why they bothered.

couple years time buying a 2nd hand canopy will be confusing.

yeah i figured that was the case for moving production. but of all things why just make the tray 90mm longer....90mm isnt exactly that much longer.

looking at the nissan website also seems the colours have new names and maybe a little diffferent? blue looks darker, maybe its not in real life. i struggle to reach the back of my tray becasue of my canopy now...90mm more would make it worse :D

hey guys been looking over your site a fair bit in the last 2 weeks been very helpfull. i just ordered my Seiries 4 09 Str (a nice white one so it doesnt show the scratches) on thursday theres not alot of diffrence the longer tray as you have said an there is ment to be about another inch in the back seat but it also comes with a duel battary set up standard and the only visual change is on the tailgate they havnt got the black around the handle. cant wait to pick it up just have to sell my ba xr6 manual an yz250f if there is any other changes ill let yas know

Latest posts

Back