04 str, had it for 6 weeks now back to the dealer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOOGZ STR

Reaction score
Had a noise crop up over the last week or so, thought it may have been dirt in or around my clutch so i put it in for a service today.

Local mechanic rings me up and tells me my bearings are going in my air-con compressor. Quotes me $1400 brand new installed.

As i have had my car for merely 6 weeks and is still under 3 months dealer warranty i spoke to them, first i left a very colorful message then they called me back and let me know it's covered and they want it straight away.

Got angry as i didn't think they would cover it haha, anyway told the service guy that i couldn't bring it in until Monday as I'm busy. Didn't tell him that after i picked my car up from my mechanic it went straight to western 4x4 for a 2" lift to go in tomorrow morning.

Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow, the dealer needs my car Monday and Tuesday and was told i would get it back by Tuesday night which is good as I'm off camping on Thursday!!

Also didn't let the dealer know that i was in a massive bog hole a day or so the noise popped up

Mud kills bearings and seals, personally I hate mud and would rather a dry bush bash.

Good luck.

Dave.

I'm starting to think the same about mud it's all fun but it' gets into everything, and the dealer wont be reading a navara forum as it isn't a Nissan dealer

Also got to wait until tomorrow for my car as it had a bolt seize so they are waiting for a bolt to be delivered from Nissan

Mine might he doesn't seem to have anything better to do, he drove off 5 customers I know of before I brought my car (elsewhere), after another 12 months of doing the same he must be sitting there twiddling his thumbs if he's not on the net all day

the bearing in the a/c compressor always stuff up being at the bottom of the engine. if you go to an auto elec/auto air con service they can replace just the bearing.i had to replace 2x in the patrol with the same zd30. the bearing cost me $50. we just matched one up at the local bearing shop. hope it will help anyone who's got the same problem.

the bearing in the a/c compressor always stuff up being at the bottom of the engine. if you go to an auto elec/auto air con service they can replace just the bearing.i had to replace 2x in the patrol with the same zd30. the bearing cost me $50. we just matched one up at the local bearing shop. hope it will help anyone who's got the same problem.

Probably what the dealer will do, thanks for the info will help once my warranty runs out

They replaced the whole unit but after running home picking up the missus and kid to go out to the inlaws for dinner, curiosity got the better of me and took a quick look at their handy work.

New unit is in but the rear bolt they have left half out i'm really lucky my father in law has a eye for detail, going away tomorrow morning and don't really have time to take it back in the morning so I'm now off to work to try and do it myself. Either way someone at the dealer tomorrow will be deaf after i have finished with them. So pissed at the moment

Latest posts

Back