What engine you got ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What engine you got.

• YD25DDTI D40 spec.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • VQ40DE

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • ZD30DDT

Votes: 47 36.4%
  • YD25DDTI D22 spec.

Votes: 27 20.9%
  • QD32

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • TD27/T or TD25TI

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • VG33E or VG30E

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • KA24DE or KA24E

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Z24S or Z20S

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • SD25 or SD23

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other and explain.

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
Series 4 D40 YD25 power! 140kW, and 70 series Landcruiser V8 crushing 450Nm of torque. Good fuel economy too! Down into the 8's on the highway!

I have no idea what it is other than it's in a 2008/09 series 3 D40 and uses way more fuel than what that bloody sticker said it would.

I'm considering trialing one of those Ebay power chips to see how they go.

I have no idea what it is other than it's in a 2008/09 series 3 D40 and uses way more fuel than what that bloody sticker said it would.

I'm considering trialing one of those Ebay power chips to see how they go.

Merchant I am happy to sell you my Tunit Chip second hand (still have instructions and warranty card etc) which is giving me 140Kw (with the 3" exhaust and DPF deleted). I am impressed with it so impressed I am investigating an upgrade to a more custom-made chip one where I can change the specific tune via laptop.

Merchant I am happy to sell you my Tunit Chip second hand (still have instructions and warranty card etc) which is giving me 140Kw (with the 3" exhaust and DPF deleted). I am impressed with it so impressed I am investigating an upgrade to a more custom-made chip one where I can change the specific tune via laptop.

Bosshog, PM sent

i just love the D40 2.5td

i am still suprised even after a year, how good a small 4cyl desiel drives, having had 3 falcons in a row.

2.5CR D22 - not as punchy as the D40 engine, but still decent power, impressive in-gear acceleration in 4th and 5th if kept between 2000-3000rpm. It's not a race car. Gear ratios are perfect for off roading and the gear throw is very good (ratios & gear throw are worlds better than the D40, having driven my dad's D40 at fraser, first gear is way too high for offroading, especially soft sand starts - if i got a D40 i would get the auto without a doubt - I loved my D40 auto tranny), a sixth cog would be great for the highway & for long distance fuel efficiency though. I have found it's more frugal around town than on the highway over 100-110kmh. Fairly quiet engine, compared to other diesel utes. Returns about 10l/100km combined cycle. Blows a bit of smoke but i have been assured that's normal, having not owned a diesel vehicle before (used to return 9l/100km before i fitted steel bar, canopy, roof racks & drawer system)

Hi Fella

When only the best will do. ZD30DDT.:thank_you2:
Hey Dave you forgot to add the new 3.0ltr V6 that will go into d40's that certain hairdresses drive. :sarcastic:

Shane

Ill have to add that in.

Missed your post mate.

Alan.

What Pinelli said.

Missed your post to.

Currently the stock YD25 however hopefully chip and exhaust in new year

Latest posts

Back