D40 V6 Idler Pulley

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My idler pulley is starting to squeal some mornings. Well I am hoping its the idler as its the easiest and cheapest fix and some of the Frontiers are doing same .
Anyhow I rang the local Stealership and they want $277 plus GST.Not keen on that price thats for sure.
I ordered one from Courtesy Nissan in the states. $38 US for the same part.$19 to send it to my sister in Canada. Should be about $25 to post it here from Canada.Total cost under $100 delivered to my door.
Just in case your wondering why I just didnt buy it in canada , $87 from a Canadian Dealer.

Certainly pays to shop around.

Could you not push the bearing out and then go to Saeco or SKF or an engineering place and just buy a new bearing and push it back into the pulley.

My wifes Mazda 6 needed the idler pulley doing, Mazda wanted $300 for it, another aftermarket parts place wanted $70 but by doing the above it cost me $12.50.

Well I will be looking at that for sure. Hard to see whats what when its installed and I think its just a plastic pully that might break if I tried to do the bearing. Either way will be easier to do knowing I have a new one to install anyway.

This is where silicone lube comes in so bloody handy.

Give the bearing a little squirt with that and start the engine again. If the squeal's gone, you know which bearing to change.

I'd also consider a bearing shop, with prices like that.

Latest posts

Back