EGGNOG Inauguration

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old.Tony

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the Eden, Gilgandra, Gundagai (and rest of NSW) Navara Owners Group - EGGNOG.

We've already done some runs - next year we're planning a camp and quite a number of day trips.

The goal is to get together and have an enjoyable time with other Navara owners in the region. Visitors from interstate are welcome.

What I think would also be good to achieve is a basic introduction to 4WDing. On the Polblue trip we discovered that some people hadn't been off-road before, so we thought we'd set up a couple of trips to cover different aspects of 4WDing.

I'm going to formalise some outings as particular kinds of off-road driving, namely:

* water crossings
* mud
* rough/rocky roads
* vehicle recovery

Over time, I will find places where we can conduct these safely and have fun while gaining experience in these skills!

First up, to end the 2010 year and kick off the group will be Christmas Drinks. 17th December, 4pm at the Hunter River Hotel - it's the SECOND street north of the lights from the New England Highway in East Maitland when you take the Morpeth turnoff. As you're heading north, take the second right and enter the car park - there's plenty of parking out back.

What a shame I can't make it to the Christmas drinks. I would have enjoyed having an eggnog or three with fellow Navara owners! :lol:

I agree with Bosshog ....

Tony, which of the following will you be working on at the Hunter River Hotel gathering ...

* water crossings
* mud
* rough/rocky roads
* vehicle recovery

Water crossings. Water might be free but it's not the drink for me! It's Christmas after all!

We'll be doing some rough roads in January, possibly some mud if there's been recent rain and might get a (real) water crossing in as well - depends what we can find in a reasonable radius from the start of the forest trails.

I am hitting the piss.

EEWW that conjures up images from the days of old where some pubs used to be so crowded that if you got a spot near the bar you never moved and the smoke butt trays they used to use on the floor running the length of the bar weren't just used for smoke butts.

What a shame I can't make it to the Christmas drinks. I would have enjoyed having an eggnog or three with fellow Navara owners! :lol:

I'm thinking the EGGNOG crew will need;
EGGNOG stickers for the navs,
EGGNOG stubby holders for the social gatherings.
EGGNOG t-shirts so you can find each other at the xmas drinks.:cheers!:
:sarcastic:

EEWW that conjures up images from the days of old where some pubs used to be so crowded that if you got a spot near the bar you never moved and the smoke butt trays they used to use on the floor running the length of the bar weren't just used for smoke butts.

That pub use to have one of those.

Got a full refit so thats gone.

By the way you talking from experience Krafty ?

Dave.

Yep it was a common thing in the crowded pubs back when I was 18 especially in the areas where there was 1 pub and 200 workers all knocking off at the same time.

I am glad you cant smoke in pubs anymore. But night clubs should bring it back as now you can smell everyones BO.

Dave.

Hey Tony, wanna go to Shenanigans instead ?

Less bogans there.

Craig you coming up ?

Dave.

I don't know about Shenanigans, I just tried calling Dave but his phone is either not near him, he's unconscious or he has thigh earmuffs and can't hear it ringing. Good on ya Dave.

The Hunter River Hotel is easy to find, here's a Google Maps link (I hope that works).

Basically if you're on the highway heading through East Maitland, turn NORTH towards Morpeth. This turnoff is at a set of traffic lights, it is just west of Maitland Nissan, just east of Maitland Toyota.

Once you turn towards Morpeth, take the second street on the right and enter the first driveway.

4pm this Friday 17th December.

Hey Tony, I am heading down to Doyalson soon for a few drinks with work mates but will be back. Probably get there about 5pm.

Ill ring you if its any later.

Dave.

So who showed?

We got there a little late because I had some work to do. There was a blue D22 near the entry and we parked right near it, there was nobody else and no-one was watching the Navara.

Dave, I called you from the hotel but by the time you'd messaged me, we were in a noisy restaurant.

We could always try again!

Latest posts

Back