Anyone got a headlight warning buzzer?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digbyj

Reaction score
Hey fellas, my latest mishap involved a flat battery after leavin the headlights on after goin thru the eastlink tunnel.
Had anyone got a warning system hooked up for this?
I found one thread on it, just wondering if many people have bothered to do it?
Was thinkin when Santa brings me some spotties it might be a good time, it need to get ideas on how to do it...
Also gotta get a message to Santa!....

I got the auto elec to hook 1 up last time he was looking at my car, only charged about $20 to do it, I think he said something about hooking it to the power from the cigi lighter and the headlight circuit and it only gets power when the key is turned off or something, it is just a little buzzer from Dick Smith and dose a great job.

i think they normally connect buzzer from side lights to door switch. so anytime the lights are on and you open the door the buzzer goes

Pfffft. we're lucky to be getting even HEADLIGHTS on the D22, let alone warning buzzers. :sarcastic: (And no buzzer on the 2004's)

Sorry, rushes out to hug D22 in the shed, :flowers:

Last edited:
It's a good idea and all you require is some wire, the buzzer and a relay.

I'll need one after coming from cars that shut down the lights once the ignition is off. :)

I've done it.. jaycar kit just need to read the jumper pin configuration correctly.

Has saved me a few times pretty easy to do

This is quite a simple process for the D22, not sure about D40s.
Most ignition barrels earth a point when not in use (they are either on (12V) or Earthed (0V)) regardless of make or model. I used to think they just went open circuit.
So all I did was pull the shell off the steering column, find the wire that becomes 12V when i put the parkers on then found the wire that earths the ACC when I turn the car off and connected a 12V buzzer (piezo) between these two wires. Double sided tape was used to secure the piezo to the top of the steering column. Shell back on and no-one would know.

Made a very basic schematic to show what I did. Note that the colours are irrelevant. But I can find out the wire colours I used and add some pix later if any one is interested

Attachments

• Nav Headlight alarm (D22).pdf
    46.6 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
Made a very basic schematic to show what I did. Note that the colours are irrelevant. But I can find out the wire colours I used and add some pix later if any one is interested

Thanks for the Schematics, I'd love to see a few pictures if you can be bothered. The ol' headlights have stitched me up a few times already!

Headlights had caused a few roll starts for me too.

In my 2002 D22 the wires are pink/white out of headlight switch connector that goes to the positive of the piezo and the blue/white on the back of the ignition barrel for the negative of the piezo.
All up cost less that $5

Sorry about the pix quality but the phone hates sun light

Attachments

• Piezo +ve.JPG
    Piezo +ve.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 205
  • Piezo Mounting Location.JPG
    Piezo Mounting Location.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 198
  • piezo -ve.JPG
    piezo -ve.JPG
    211.9 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
LOL

the D40's dont need it ... my D40 RX already has the annoying buzzer if i leave my lights on.

If i turn the ignition off, and open the drivers door with the lights still on - this annoying buzzer goes off ....

And then the MRS say's "you forgot your lights again, didn't you"

so i get reminded TWICE .... !!!!

I had 2 flat batteries before getting it done. Had I known it was only $85 for the auto elec to supply and fit everything I would have got it done 3 years ago. Doh

In answer to the question in the thread title.... Yes I do! Logz10 is a legend, was pretty easy with his directions and cost me $4! Highly recommended.
Marcus

Thank you logz10, worked like a bought one, only thing my +ve is red/green. Saved me hundreds my auto elec. guy quoted around $200 ,I think I might look for another.
My buzzer cost $3.45 from Jaycar. 2 solders and a strap, done!

I'm a Auto Electrical fitter, done *thosands* of the buzzers. there are many ways to do this as explained above. works a treat.
If you are interested, I have actually fitted Auto day / night headlight control systems to both my navs, so now I don't actually need to turn the lights on any more. (fully Auto!)
I can hook you up with a kit if your interested, however, you might need a *good* Auto electrican to instal..

bigbro said:
I'm a Auto Electrical fitter, done *thosands* of the buzzers. there are many ways to do this as explained above. works a treat.
If you are interested, I have actually fitted Auto day / night headlight control systems to both my navs, so now I don't actually need to turn the lights on any more. (fully Auto!)
I can hook you up with a kit if your interested, however, you might need a *good* Auto electrican to instal..

That would be great. I has them on my old car. Any chance you could share a wiring diagram?

Sent from Josh's iPhone using Forum Runner

sure Josh,
what wiring diagram you exaclty want? I can sketch and paste it up.
PM me if you want a proper auto on kit. uses special light sensor on inside of windcsreen.

Latest posts

Back