car seat in d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jas4x4

Reaction score
Hi all

can anyone give me any details on who can install a car seat bots to my D22 as i have a little one on the way??? i'm in brisbane

jas

Down in VIC, Pole Position do a lot of them, I know they do all the dealerships in Geelong area not a 100% if there nation wide or not, look into it.

I had two installed through dealer, it cost me $470, came with black plastic covers for them aswell, blend in well in cabin.

Last edited:
cost me $550 for 2 anchor points.. company i used was at southport, gold coast. i'll have to dig up the name if your interested.. took about an hour

cost me $550 for 2 anchor points.. company i used was at southport, gold coast. i'll have to dig up the name if your interested.. took about an hour

Holy crap, were they gold plated ?

I paid $280 for mine (2 as well)

Ring your local automobile association (RACQ ?) they should be able to give you a list of the accredited fitters.

Note that even with the anchors, fitment is a PIA, and is not really a 5 min exercise.

you have a bargain :) we got a strap thing that comes up from the anchor point and though a loop so you can clip/unclip it without having to get behind seat. probally took them 30 mins and another 10 mins to fill out and fit the Qld transport Mod plate. looks great and much better then just an anchor point. I agree it was too much but we are happy with the results and the children are worth it. Wish i had found your $280 place though.

it cost me $170 for an anchor point in the middle of the back seat.
anyone know why Australian Standards allow Nissan to get away with none?

its classed as a commerical vehicle. therefore not required.

Last edited:
you are right there Woznme.......but still.
especially when it does come standard with a back seat..........cheers.

yeah, when they target non-tradies these days. Anyway seems they all woke up. i beleive all the current duel cabs except the d22 have anchor points standard.

$280! Wow - I got mine done at the dealer for $400 when I bought my d22 (second hand). Ugh. The fact that it didn't have point for a child seat actually made me think twice about buying it but after a few trips to Fraser and seeing how well the d22 went (especially compared to a new d40 - apologies to any d40 lovers out there) I am convinced I made the right choice.

i got mine fitted at MotoGear, cost me $330 inc mod plate. got the type that is anchors on wall under rear head rest and has a strap that comes up thro loop just under headrest. better than the rear window ones ive seen around

Latest posts

Back