Battery and Drawer System

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stun2

Reaction score
Hi All,

Looking at getting a dual battery and drawer system for the back of my dual cab. Any suggestions on where I should get these done?

Cheers,
Steve

Hi All,

Looking at getting a dual battery and drawer system for the back of my dual cab. Any suggestions on where I should get these done?

Cheers,
Steve

Most people make there own. I'm fairly sure there are a few threads on here with pics. Otherwise you could properly buy a black widow from ARB but they are ridiculously overpriced.

ARB are also doing modular Outback drawers, you can choose different heights each side if you like. they look pretty good, but they are heavy.

ARB Drawers | Products | ARB 4x4 Accessories

configmain.jpg
Modulemain.jpg
Featuresmain.jpg

Last edited:
Hey buddy,

The off-the-shelf stuff is great, but you pay for it!!

i designed my own and my mate who's a cabinetmaker/shopfitter built it for me. The aux. battery & 240v inverter system will be fitted in the hatch up front as per pics below.

Attachments

• IMAG0146.jpg
    IMAG0146.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 703
  • IMAG0147.jpg
    IMAG0147.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,585
  • IMAG0148.jpg
    IMAG0148.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 571
Hey buddy,

The off-the-shelf stuff is great, but you pay for it!!

i designed my own and my mate who's a cabinetmaker/shopfitter built it for me. The aux. battery & 240v inverter system will be fitted in the hatch up front as per pics below.

Thanks for the reply,

What thickness, type of timber did you use? How is it attached to your tray? Where did you get the rails from? How much weight can they support? How much did your set-up cost? So many questions...

Cheers

Hi All,

Cheers,
Steve

save some bucks and have some fun and build your own. I did. but i over engineered the ply that i used. weighs a ton.

Ok to answer as many questions as I can:

- 12mm marine ply
- Can't remember specs on the runners sorry, found them on a website. They are very good, and yes they were the most expensive part of the whole setup. But worth getting good ones for sure
- From memory i think the runners extend about 1000mm and they hold something like 100kg or thereabouts. They run very smoothly even with all my tools in there
- Is fixed to the tray (near structural members) with 4 x 10mm bolts & washers. Doesnt need anyting too hefty as the weight of the unit keeps it still, and the top peice of timber with carpet is scribed to fit neatly inside the tub, so no room for it to slide around. I drove around for a couple of weeks without it fixed down and it was fine, only reason i bolted it down was because when the drawers were pulled right out, the whole setup rocked back a bit because of the transfer of weight

Materials cost me about $900 including carpet, hardware, latches, timber & runners. The runners were probably well over half of the cost.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back