Why are the new D22 ST-r diesel dual cab so cheap ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

achimw

Reaction score
I have noticed, that the 2010 new D22 dual Cab utes sell for under
$30,000.- (29,990 incl metalic paint for ABN holders).
I have seen second hand 2008 models with 50,000km with the same inclusions for the same or even more.
Any idea or just a good time to buy ?
Thanks
Achim

i can only guess because everyone now wants D40's .... that the price of the d22's are dropping.

Nissan would have paid for the tooling & moulds for the D22 many years ago, so it doesn't owe them anything. Also, the parts & electronics are basically old technology so doesn't cost them a lot to buy from manufacturers. Assumably this has lead to them selling at very competitive prices. Also, they need to make the price difference between the D22 and the D40 enough to have two separate markets, otherwise they would be shooting themselves in the foot. If the D22 had more features and was more like $35-40k and there was only say 5-10k difference between a D22 STR and a D40 ST-X then everyone would buy the D22 and they wouldn't sell any D40's. I see it as a very clever campaign, cornering 2 markets. Who in their right mind would buy a Great Wall 2.4l petrol when for around $27-28k when you can spend an extra few grand and pick up a Nissan with a good turbo diesel engine

Because they are shit....... Haha

No seriously they are a fantastic buy at that, I had to go for the D40 because I have an army of growing kids to fit in, otherwise I would have got a D22.

3 Reasons.

1. A huge dual cab 4wd price war is on now, With D40 RX, Colorado, Isusu DMax and Ford ranger all offering araund the $36990 drive away deals, themselves all excellent Buys. While The D22 is a rugged ute with a good reputation, it is smaller and the technology is older and more basic, so the D22 wisely has it's own market and is sensational buying.

2. Dealers doing there best to shift 2010 Compliance vehicles, they do not want too many 2010's in 2011.

3. Economic times, Applies to all "tradies utes". Tradies don't buy into new vehicles in poor times unless tempted like this.

Regards
Greg

It was the price that was big factor in my getting a D22,
otherwise it would have been a Ford Ranger. The CFO wasn't having a bar of the land tank D40.

We couldn't find a Mahindra to look at and GW doesn't have diesel, plus neither of these have enough Australian history for me. For a tradie, they are/were both offering very good deals when we looked.

Also, I think there is a sizeable number of them in a paddock just down the road from me

It was the price that was big factor in my getting a D22,
otherwise it would have been a Ford Ranger. The CFO wasn't having a bar of the land tank D40.

We couldn't find a Mahindra to look at and GW doesn't have diesel, plus neither of these have enough Australian history for me. For a tradie, they are/were both offering very good deals when we looked.

Also, I think there is a sizeable number of them in a paddock just down the road from me

By CFO, I am assuming you mean "wife" :sarcastic:

There a dated model with newer motors, not much cost in development.

The ABS set up came out of the Euro D22, they might even give us climate control soon which the Euro spec D22's had. The D22 body and chassis is basically D21 underneath.

Hey the most outdated Nissan diesel engine (TD42) of all time is still in high demand, why not keep selling the D22.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back