33" tyre question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Gopha

Reaction score
Hi Guys,,
First post on here so HI to all, site is great with some nice trucks in the garage section.
Iv been looking to buy a 2010 d22 str and finally decided to do it at the start of the new year! STOKED never owned a 4b before and cant wait.

Im not sure on my info on tyre sizes tho, kinda gettin conflicting stories!
I want to do 2" suspension lift, 2" body lift and fit mt bajas on 16x8 sunraysias or king wheels (found them on the net they look pretty good)
but aren't sure if they will fit? ( i searched on here but didnt really find anything to clear and dont wanna waste $350 a tyre)
and the guy at the 4x4 shop said body lifts were going to be illegal soon? thought they were already without a engineer cert?

would be great if anyone could shed a bit of light

thanks

Nick

already tried search feature as it says in my post but it doesnt really give me a definate yes of no, thanks tho just wanted to hear from someone that had done it really i guess

with an air bagged vehicle it is illegal to raise or lower your car in Vic anyway but legally 265/75/16 or 32 inch tyres are allowed.33's are to big and it drags the shit out of your fuel ecconomy.

Hey Scotty bobcat,

I must be confused I was told by the tyre shop that 265/75/16 were 33's that's what size I was looking at, they told me that or 285/75/16 would probably fit too(just wider tyres).
That's great so I won't have any probs,
Thanks mate

There a few members on here running 285/75/16's with the 2" + 2" lift and say they go pretty well.

There a few members on here running 285/75/16's with the 2" + 2" lift and say they go pretty well.

So they say.

Without changing the diff ratio's to correct the gearing it would be a dog to drive.

i have that set up and its not a dog to drive at all.....:rock:

Would probably be a bit annoying in traffic without any enhancements, but with a chip and exhaust (30-40% more torque) its fine.:3gears:

33's only make a 7% change in gear ratio compared to 31's. Abt 2500 rpm at 100km/h. right in the torque band!

Last edited:
hi all ive got 3inch lift and 2" cab lift and 285 teads and a chip the bigger tyers dose take the zinng out of it but its not a race car so it will do

So they say.

Without changing the diff ratio's to correct the gearing it would be a dog to drive.

I have 32's on and she goes fine, how much worse could it be with 33's, im sure it would be a bit slower off the mark but surely not undrivable.

I have 32's on and she goes fine, how much worse could it be with 33's, im sure it would be a bit slower off the mark but surely not undrivable.

Personally I think the standard gearing is to tall for 31's, but if your happy with the way it chugs along then go for it.

Latest posts

Back