Installing replacement T Case

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trackbasher

Reaction score
Hi all, Thanks for all the great advise on here... what a great site.

Anyway, I mid way through swapping Transfer case out and have the new ( s/hand) unit on the jack and ready to mount. Only thing is...... cant get the bloody thing to line up and slip on the the Gearbox spline.
Have three of us, in a pit, with T case supported on trolly jack ( on specially made base plate & stand to keep the T Case steady ) and still cant get it...
As they say, if it had hair on it.....
We have given up for the day...
Friday, 34'C 78% Humidity and beer o'clock

Any suggestions / hints

Have you tried putting it in gear and turning the output shaft as you go to slide it in?

Phuck!.... it has a different size fitting...
WTF... anyone else know why this would be different??
Mine is a D22 02 STR ZD3.0..... Is the T case different in the Petrol models??

maybe auto and manual might be different??? i also have a second hand t-case to put in. hopefully i dont coma across this problem

so just to confirm, a petrol transfer case would fit a diesel. ive checked the ratio of it the petrol to a diesel and it is the same, but just wanna confirm that it is correct as ive found a petrol and wanna replace the diesel one in mine ????

well if anyone didnt know, a petrol will fit the diesel as ive just completed the swap

Latest posts

Back