2" lift in brisbane... Where?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshman

Reaction score
Hey all, so I bought my ute a month ago and it already had an OME 2" lift under it, but I've noticed that the rear springs have pretty much had it - they're riding virtually flat with barely 200kg in the tray, so I've decided that I may as well get the whole suspension re-done while I'm at it.

I've got a full OME kit priced from ARB, and an XGS Gold kit priced from TJM,

So I'm wondering are either of these kit's worth it? Which is better? Are there better kits out there for less than $2k? Can i get one fitted before christmas?

Mate, I would definatley give John a call at Zordos Suspension, Zordos 4WD Suspension

He has done quite a few of the Navs here, and knows his stuff. I am yet to get my new susp kit done, (no money, pool to pay off, fridge to get etc etc etc), but I will be going to him when I have the funds.

O, I've sent John an email, I've allowed more funds than what the navara pack costs from john, so he can fit it, plus potentially give me some better shocks than what's in the kit.

Thanks guys, hopefully this works out.

Depending on what side of town your on, Driveline services have a reasonable option for well under $2k. Mine was about $1.2k. They manufacture their own shockies and other companies like TJM buy them and rebrand them.
Got mine done at the Archerfield branch, I think they have a branch at Stafford as well.

Re: 2" lift in brisbane... Where?

Wow.

So i went with Zordo's suspension, all we ended up doing was replacing the leaf springs some heavy duty EFS springs, and the pins and shackles with some greasable ones, and giving the torsion bars a nice tweak.

Even though I'd ordered a full lift kit, John took one look at the existing setup and saved me a boat load of money by only changing what needed it.

The service was excellent, John was extremely patient with answering my question and explaining the process and all the bits and pieces to my inquisitive nature. He has an amazing amount of knowledge and a real zest for what he does.

The best part is the rear wheel arch sits about 2" higher than before. Finally, the Nav has a proper 2" under her.

I would definitely go back, and will recommend him to anyone I meet.

Josh and I were going to go out and give her a test out this Avo
But Ripley is a tad extreme with this much rain :(

Here have an Avatar Joshman

josh.jpg

Click on Hilux..ha ha

Last edited:
thanks for the Avatar Steve,
I'm going to jump under the truck and empty a can of fish-oil onto all the nuts and bolts and seems this morning while i've got time and she is dry, before heading up to the beach over christmas/new year, so i'll be sure to take the camera under and give y'all a looky-loo at the new springs and shackles.

so here's some shots of the truck with the new bit of kit in her. got one shot of the springs in situ, and the other is of the new ride height of the rear end, which is almost twice what she used to be. now the Nav has the distinctive downhill lean that Utes should have. i'll try and get some shots of the greasable bits and pieces later today if i've the time.

Attachments

• New Rear EFS H:D Leaf Springs.jpg
    New Rear EFS H:D Leaf Springs.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 92
  • New Rear Ride Height.jpg
    New Rear Ride Height.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Looks good Josh, however our Nav has that downhill lean with STOCK suspension :big_smile:. Methinks torsion bars need winding up.

utes are supposed to have the downhill lean, so that when you load up the tray the worst she's gonna do is sit level...instead of riding with her nose in the air and potentially causing dramas with your steering.

and the torsion bars are wound up as high as you legally can.

Mmmm, ours sure aren't. The plates opposite the bump stop rubbers are polished to a mirror finish, show how much it is riding on the stops. But, a trip to Zordo should sort it all out.

Latest posts

Back