clutch decision?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jett75

Reaction score
trying to decide on which after market clutch to go with, will be putting whole kit including solid flywheel in, have done 160,000k in a 06 STX. Chipped, beaudesert exhaust and tow 2.5t boat a fair bit have been happy with it but its starting to make some noise and slipping a bit particularly down shifting. have got two prices - exceddy $1460 and xtreme $1850. i will be fitting it myself just wanting to know if the exceddy is up to it is it alot better than the standard clutch or should I go for the xtreme?

Hmmmm always a tough decision, but just consider this: Do you want your clutch to fail, or your gearbox/tailshaft/diff? I have had a few performance cars and the mechanics always told me to get a huge 1,000,000,000 lb clutch, but I was always of the opinion that a new clutch is a lot cheaper and a lot easier than a new gearbox or diff. For the sake of a smoked clutch and missing a pass down the quarter mile, I don't think it's worthwhile putting all that strain on your driveline, especially when your engine is putting out considerably more torque than it and the driveline were designed for....

I guess the clutch is a bit of a sacrifical lamb for the rest of your driveline.

Latest posts

Back