Fat Nav

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al

LURKER
Reaction score
Just out of interest sake, i pulled out all my tools and stuff then filled the tank in the ute today and headed off to the weighbridge. 2.3T (not including me!) heck all the accesories add up, no wonder i use more fuel these days. So if the GVM for the 04 STR is 2920kg that leaves my legal payload at only 620kg. put in the rest of the family and all the camping gear i reckon i would be near maxed out every time i head off the the bush.

There was a thread a while back (it might have been something obvious like what do you weigh I don't remember) which discussed people loads and how much crap they carry around. I don't think it was just a D40 thread but I think a few people were suprised just how much crap they carry

yeah, that weight is nothing in the car, tray or behind the seat.

In some cases it's lucky our cars don't sense load and decide whether to start or there would be many of us crapping before we leave home each day to try and ensure the weight was down.

I'd not like the answer if i were to ever do what you just did Al ... i wouldn't be suprised if i tip the scales now at over 2.5t.

I don't know the numbers, but anytime I have had the back full of camping gear I have noticed considerable sag. Which is a bit frustrating, since its not a really heavy load, it would certainbly be less than the average tradesmans tools. Since the bullbar and winch have gone on the front has dropped about 35mm.

Yeah but your Nav needs a wash :eviltongue:

Just bought a new water blaster today ... so got MOST of the crud off it.

hopeing the mrs will get into her bikini's and finish washing it for me ... i reckong Xmas will be here b4 she'll every clean my car ...

:wash_truck:

oh yeah ... xmas is only 2 days away ... i might get lucky yet.

I'm not going to be so demanding, if Mrs Woody wants to wash my car I don't care what she wears I'm just happy someone else is doing it.

I hope you didn't blast Little Woody with the water he might shoot off.

the cars do add weight quickly...

the cruiser curb weight from factory is 1863kg, it currently weighs in at nearly 3t with just a bullbar, side steps, steel tray, 2 spotties, uhf and a full tank of fuel.

gvm according to redbook is 3035kg...

yet a rated payload of 1t... legally i can only carry 100kg lol

EDIT: new info

Last edited:
Stupid question?

What determines the GVM? Is it just just design rulings or does suspension, wheels, tyres and chassis factor in?

I'm fairly sure Dion answered that question in atleast one thread somewhere recently, maybe someone else remembers it or maybe he might come along and give you the low down but whatever the thread was about I don't remember.

Old thread but ,Well, I tried a weighbridge today, My d22 came to 2.4 tonnes, empty fuel tank, but it did have me and 2 spare wheels and all the other crap Ive added, Ive only got an alloy bar too, want to eventually get a steel bull bar and winch but that might be out of the question now. This zd30 is proving to be a great engine in the navara when you consider I have a 2 tonne trailer on week days plus the weight of the car at 2.4 tonnes , thats a lot of weight, 250000k and still drives like new, except slow, very very slow.

first thing i did with my nav was weight it.

here at work we have a weight bridge so i decided to do it with

full tank
16x7 alloy rims(4)
5 x BFGoodrich AT 265/75R16
tools
snorkel, highlift, compressor, and all the rescue equipments(about 20kg)
me

total weight: 2070Kg

here in chile GVM is 2840Kg... im guessing fully loaded nav will be over that weight but here the laws are pretty much a simple piece of paper :dummy:

i dont know why is this heavy, nav is almost standar.

greetings!!

Latest posts

Back