Bash plates 2008/09 D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merchant

Reaction score
Just a tip for young players. I found out after buying a set of TJM belly plates that Nissan, in there wisdom, decided to remove the captive nuts on the cross bars of the 2008/09 D40.

This caused all sorts of grief but i got there in the end by feeding a nut down the cross bar opening on a bit of wire. Got all in bar two and the loss of one nut. Doing it this way means the nut is inside the cross bar.

In hindsight i should have drilled through the cross bar and bought longer bolts meaning the nut would have been on top of the cross bar. If for any reason the belly plates need to be removed (repairs etc) i guess i can do it then.

Thanks Nissan!!

I went with the Brown Davis guards and they fit up without an issue. They re-designed them slightly to accomodate the changes Nissan made on the series 3 (08/09). Fitting kits included longer bolts and captive nuts on small spacer plates and crush tubes for the rear/transfer case guard - took all of 10 min to fit that one.

Cheers,

If only i had known that pre buying the TJM ones....Oh well, they're on now and will do the job. IF i ever have to pull them off hopefully TJM will have come up with a solution. Failing that, i'll drill holes through the cross beams and use longer bolts.

The joys of mods!!

I just ordered my bash plates from Brown Davis. They supply an entire front cross member now to overcome the removal of the capitive nuts.

Factory Snorkel being fitted on Friday and have also ordered the ambient air temp sensor from Nissan as well.

I'll post some pics once all fitted up.

Latest posts

Back