D22 Lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cometbreeze

Reaction score
Hi all new to this forum,
Looking at lifting my D22 ,B4 Browsing through this forum i was decided on a Old Man Emu lift at the ARB shop i have used for canopies and Bull bar And Rear Air Locker in Wangara Northern 4x4. but now after reading on hear i will not go ahead with it as the control arm issue, Soooo What to do.
Has anyone have some Perth Experience on who to talk too Got Quoted $1850 for the OME with torsion bars and also got quoted $2950 from Opposite lock in Balcatta for a Tough Dog Set up???

Thanx

Welcome to the forums.

I think there is a thread somewhere in the Perth sections about Perth services and mechanics and who people have used for different things

For a toughdog 2" lift kit will be around $1900-$2000 supplied only or fitted its like $3000, thats from Perth 4x4.

Or you can order through Zordo on this forum and get a 2" EFS lift kit for under $1500 supplied only

Go with Zordo.

He will bend over backwards to help, he was the only person that would go to the effort to get me Lovell leaf springs.

Dave.

Na its piss easy, pay someone to to do the torsion bars. The rest is easy.

Dave.

Tough dog foam cells have the same issue as the OME hitting the upper control arm. I had no problem with removing the required metal as it is not in a critically structural spot. I think EFS and other smaller bore shocks should fit without modding the UCA but beeing small bore shocks won't give you the performance you may be chasing.

All brand of aftermarket shocks tend to hit the upper control arm.
Just grind a little scollop out of the arm.
Grinding the arm will not weaken it or cause any problem. :big_smile:
I now do this on a regular basis
Cheers

Thanx guys, im still bewildered at the $1000 difference between fitted kits between OME and Tough Dog by the two different dealers, i rang to ask but only the fact that he could tell mewas the TD shock bores are a larger diameter and he even looked on the ARB website to look why they are a grand cheaper but dont list whats in their kit

i bought my ute second hand and it already had an OME kit on it. assuming that the previous owner got the full kit done, it came with:
OME torsion bars
OME shocks
extended u-bolts
rear-leaf spring pack
non-greasable pins and shackles.

i would definitely give ZORDO a look-up. i got him to replace my rear leaf-springs with some EFS heavy duty jobs and they are absolutely amazing. Zordo will definitely give you only what you need and as said earlier, will bend over backwards to make sure you get the setup you want.

basically, if you don't have a steel front bar or winch (or don't plan to get one) then your stock torsion bars should be fine. (the nissan alloy front bar will be fine on stock torsions). make sure whatever setup you get has greasable pins and shackles, (the OME kit in my ute didn't). and make sure you check the quality of the rear leaf spring packs.

Latest posts

Back