trip on the 15-16 Jan in Brisbane area. Postponed for another time.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljacko78

Reaction score
g'day lads,

I'll be in Brisbane on the weekend 15-16 Jan. Anyone going out for a spin somewhere?? Thro up some ideas if people are interested...... :cheers!:

Scenic Rim? LCMP? Glass House Mountains? I haven't done any tracks in Brisbane area and not sure where to go, so keen for a spin if others are.

cheers

Lj

anyone know if there's any trails round Cornubia Forest, Venman NP or Kimberley Forest Park - all near Loganholme??

Looks like some tracks heading into the old Daisy Hill Quarry off Venman Rd and Ford Rd (which is off Mount Cotton Road). Back in the 90's it was open to vehicles?

At this stage I'm thinking a day trip to head to either of :

Mount Mee - http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks/daguilar/mount-mee-trail-map.pdf
Bribie Is - http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks/bribie-island/pdfs/bribie-isl-rec-area.pdf
Venman NP area - pic below

I am not sure on the last one. Will be checking up soon.
Lj

Attachments

• Venman NP.jpg
    Venman NP.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Pretty sure Venman area and Mt Cotton are all locked up now mate. I'd be keen to go for a spin if time permits. Will keep in touch.

Kinda thinking it would be closed - koala habitat etc.....

Another option might be White Rock and Spring Mountain Forest park off Centenary Hwy. I been trolling google maps a little..... have a look at Huntingdale Drive. tis in between Bundamba and Springfield. Raywise and Rustynav09 might know this area from another thread I think but they might ahve been looking in the military area?? Cruisy either way.... will decide a spot next week.

Attachments

• White Rock and Spring Mountain.jpg
    White Rock and Spring Mountain.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 51
Sorry mate but I am back at work next monday so will be spending the last weekend with the kids otherwise I would come.

Hey how are ya Ljacko I get home from Holidays on like the 14th But i might be able to sneak out . I think my wife will have the shits with my company by then haha

There is Ripley tracks lol

The Mt Mee run is a good one, I'm yet to do it but Jason and Matt have done it already. I have an idea that may be the safest option for the next couple of weeks with all this flooding rain around.

Nice forestry trails yes, boggy clay tracks that will swallow Navs ( apart from Scottys that is :sarcastic:) are out for me at the moment. At least that is what Mrs Ray is telling me.

I'm only able to go on the Sunday 15th, bloody engagement party on Saturday we have to go to.

Nice forestry trails yes, boggy clay tracks that will swallow Navs ( apart from Scottys that is :sarcastic:) are out for me at the moment.

Copy that!

I know a few good spots out at Ripley (Ipswich area) and another at Paradise Rd (Browns Plains area) But I think we'd need an acompanying tractor to get us home again at the moment!!! Just ask Lil Menace.... he's a witness to the carnage!

Have a look at 4X4 Earth maybe? http://www.4x4earth.com/

Last edited:
So far no one objexts to a Sunday run and we might get:
Raywise
Gonzo
Yakka; and
myself

Mount Mee sounding a little more weather friendly but still looks interesting enough for a run up there. Also thought Bribie as the sand would be nice and compacted in most parts for those who haven't driven on sand before.

That said I just saw your Ripley pics from Aug 2010. Looks very similar to a spot I used to frequent in Deeragun (Townsville). I'd like to give that a go some time. Keep throwing up some thoughts and we'll pick a spot say on Wednesday evening hey...

bugger - it was open when i looked on thursday.... wait and see then. thanks for the heads up

I think I will pass on this trip, my Nav is going over the QLD transport pits Monday 17 to get the body lift approved and I need it to look shiney for the inspector:wash_truck:
Have a good trip though, I might catch you on the next one.

Cheers :cheers!:

at this stage I can't get south of Gympie (no matter how far west I go the roads a shut). Unless something changes real quick and by Friday I aint heading to Bris

I'm thinking unfortunatley we should really put this off for a couple of weeks. Anywhere in SE Qld for the next few weeks will be a mess.

When we went on the Condamine Gorge run recently, we drove past the road closed sign and it was ok. Yesterday I saw a photo of it and it was flowing approx 3 feet higher than when we waddled through, so much water everywhere!

probably a good idea, it's not looking too good out there, i'm keen for a run if you postpone the trip untill it is a little dryer,

Latest posts

Back