Brodie's D22 Series 1

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bvandermaat

Reaction score
Since this is my First Nav i thought i would start a thread so people can follow as i customise it. It is a 1998 Series 1 D22 with a QD32 engine. I bought it with Sliders, Brushbar and Bullbar and road tires.

So far from stock all i have done is get the exaust system replaced to a 2" system with a baffle-less muffler and Lukey extractors. I have a set of Maxis Buckshots 32" x 10.5" with a deep offset (not sure what it is) to be bought soon second hand and the gearbox mount needs replacing. Planning on winding the tortion bars up so that it sits level front and back.

I have stuck in a 53 Channel UHF and a $500 stereo system. Reverse spotlights and 5000k headlights. Along with the OEM IPF spotlights it glows at night with all the lights on.

The interior is all vinyl floors and will be easy to clean out after muddie trips. Will have some pictures soon.

Hi Brodie

You might have to do a bit of panel beating to fit 32s. I have the same model ute single cab with 31x10.5x15 maxis and I had to trim the mud flaps back to fit them.

Alan

Cheers Alan, I am hopeing the will fit as they are about 60-70% tred so not quite the 32" they were. As for the width i am happy to trim what i need to fit it under. See how i go when i get them haha, just waiting on the Hilux i am getting them off to be taken apart.

A hell of a lot better. Apart from the fact that the mounts on the old exaust were broken (wasnt really from stock it was a butchers 2" system that went into a 1.5 near the manifold and back into the stock system at the rear doors) it runs alot smoother and there is a noticeable different in power once it has warmed up.

Haha yeh i would like to add a turbo but that will be down the track for me. And I dont know how the warranty company would react to that. How much extra power did that give you?

Dunno, but it feels like around 40 to 50% extra. Only running 6psi at the moment but it is unbelievable. Up hills I would normally go back to fourth or third it now accelerates over in top. Towing the boat is now not a problem. Love it!!

Alan

Sound like it might be worthwhile down the track a bit. Few things i want to do before a turbo though. How is it on fuel now?

Better, probably because Im not revving out in all the lower gears and staying in the higher gears longer. All up cost less than a grand including intercooler pipe. Front mount intercooler from a Silvia.

Alan

Fair enough mate. haha i think the first grand i spend on it will be for new shocks and springs. the stock ones are just crap

So i have got my new rims and tires now. 32"x11.5" Needs a bit of work to fit them in.
Going to try and wind the tortion bars up a tiny bit so that it sits level as the front has sagged from the bullbar weight.
After that i will be cutting the front flares and a part of the bullbar to fit them in on full lock.
Should be good once i get them on, cant wait to hit the tracks.

Last edited:
So after an afternoon winding torsion bars up and fitting wheels the 32" dont fit.
Scrubs on the bullbar and body when weight pushing the body down and i turn.
31"x10.5" maybe. see if i can get a set of them. Ohh well will be winding the torsion bars back down a little tomorrow. over it for today

Latest posts

Back