camping spot

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wynnie

Reaction score
hey guys ,just want to know if anyone has been to canie gorge (near monto qld) before been looking at going up there camping lookes like a nice place to see with a few good 4x4 tracks to attack.if anyone has would like to hear about it.
thanks

Hi

Haven't been there myself. Friend at work has been there quite a few times. Reckons its awesome for families. Nice wildlife. Will be shut now cause of the weather and land slips are apparnelty common on the access road. Some info on here if you havent' seen it yet:
Cania Gorge National Park (Department of Environment and Resource Management)

as for the 4wd tracks - not sure. Coominglah State Forest to the south of the park or also Kroombit is a little further north has some trails. Doesn't look like anything for the National park itself though. Is on my to do list sometime soon. If you go please post up some pics, esp for any good tracks

Also doesn't look like anthing's listed in 4x4earth maps either

Cania Gorge

G'day Wynnie, I was up at Cania for the 2nd time last October. It is a really great spot if you like walking. There are a number of walking tracks through the gorge if you are into that sort of thing. There are two caravan/camping parks, one at the entrance to the park (the one I use) and one about 5km through the park closer to the lake. The second is (I think) a Big Four or similar and has more things to entertain kids. I prefer the one near the entrance as all the walking tracks start there and is a really grassy site with good facilities, i.e. showers, toilets, camp kitchen, kiosk etc. It has a central campfire but you can have one at other places around the camp ground.

The hosts are are nice couple (French I think) and supplied a map showing a fair range of 4WD tracks around the area. I did not take up the offer as I never go on anything like that on my own but I think they offer guided 4WD trips if you want them.

All in all, I love the place. :rock:

Attachments

• Cania 1.jpg
    Cania 1.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Cania 4.jpg
    Cania 4.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Cania 6.jpg
    Cania 6.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Cania 7.jpg
    Cania 7.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Cania Overhang.jpg
    Cania Overhang.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 45
Wynnie,

I too went out to Cania last year, but unlike Chartrock stayed at the Big 4 park. Having 2 young girls, it suited our needs perfectly having heaps of things for them to do.

Unfortunately I too can't offer much in the way of 4wd advice, except someone in our group did mention a roadsign that pointed to Kalpowar without following the main road back through Monto.

Cheers,

thanks for the heads up .thinking of going up there in a couple of weeks to have a look.dont mind doing a bit of walking looks like a nice place wonder if there will be a bit of water up that way any way will let yous know arfter trip

Latest posts

Back