4 speakers into a standard head unit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whoknows

Reaction score
I’m in the process of looking for a new radio head unit, but while I am saving the dollars I decided to fit some rear speakers and wire them into the standard radio.

The plug that goes into the back of the radio only has 3 spare pins and I need four ??? .
Has anyone wired up 4 speakers into the standard head unit and how.

I beleive you can get adaptor kits that plug into the standard harness that would allow 4 speakers. E.g.
AERPRO : Car Audio Accessories, GPS & Wireless Bluetooth Connect

See if it helps. Just put in car/year etc

Also look at these as they will help with the wiring loom etc:
http://www.navara.asia/d22-electrical/1039-stereo-wiring.html
http://www.navara.asia/d22-electrical/3677-sound-system-my-09-d22-navara-dual-cab.html

As a thought - could you nip down to a car audio shop and ask what they use when they need more pins.

Here is the wiring diagram if you don't have one. Looks to me like theres enough pin spots, but i'm certainly a hack at electrics. Good luck

Attachments

• wiring diagram_Stereo.jpg
    wiring diagram_Stereo.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 4,044
Thanks Ijacko78,

I did'nt find anything on the AERPRO web site, but will contact them and see. I have the wiring diagram you attached, but the problem appears to be with the short cable from the wiring harness to the back of the radio. Theirs not enough spare pins (3only) unless your meant to run the back speakers as one ???

Attachments

• D22 std radio_003a.jpg
    D22 std radio_003a.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 317
i think most people have had new head units in when they connected up the rear speakers. In the wiring diagram, second bottom line with the note at the *
"this connector is not shown in HARNESS LAYOUT"

to me that looks like a port for the rear speakers (see points 13-16 in the harness above). Is there one on the back of the factory head unit or room for a four pin to be installed? I don't think they are "run as one"

Otherwise yes, it does look a pin short. Not sure if I still have my old head unit at home. If its there I'll have a look again.

Just go to a stero place and you can buy the plug for the back of the factory unit .Rear speakers wire into the second plug that is missing in the factory head unit ,plug cost about 10 dollars and run new wires to rear doors and should be ok

you could just find the wires going to the front speakers behind the kick panel in the foot well and splice them and run new wire to the rear speakers from them then you'll have your headunit powering all four speakers

Lasts one option D22NavMan, which I have given some thought to.

Been given a few 1997/98 nissan car models that run the same system but have the extra plug for the rear speakers. Going to try a few wreckers first and see if I can find one.

I fitted rear speakers on my 09 model Navara when i took off the door trim i found a connector inside the door that was already connected to head unit so i had no need to piggy back or run back to head unit.

Muzza, lucky you, no such luck with the 2006 model.
Just going to spend bit more and purchase a cheap head unit. Cant justify $2,200 for the Alpine INA-W9000E.

Nissan do make a factory cable to plug into the back of the standard head unit part #28360-6m910au. you just have to modify it abit and only use half of it. You will then have to run wires to the connectors in each door B-pillar. The wiring already exists from there into the door cavities.

Latest posts

Back