Twin batterys

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shooter647

Reaction score
Hope this is not a silly question but how come the ue cmes with 2 batterys and what benefit is this. Are both batterys being charged a the same time? The salesman said they stuffed up in the factory and put 2 batterys in a lot of models. My estimate is they now all come with 2. But as i asked what benefit is 2 and are they smaller than the utes with 1 battery?
sorry for the dumb questions, but gotta start somewhere us newbies.

Hahah "they stuffed up and put two batteries in" that's a good one, seriously the crap that some salesmen come out with is priceless.

I seem to remember someone recently suggesting part of the reason the D22's come factory fitted with dual batteries is due to some European conditions where the utes are also sold, it gives them the extra grunt needed to start in extremely cold conditions. You'll find a lot of D22 drivers here use either the second battery or another battery as an axillary battery to run things like fridges etc but if Nissan stuff up when they put the second battery you can can bet that didn't consider options like that.

As for charging, I'm not sure about the Nissan system but I would assume they both charge together.

The batteries look small in comparison to the D40's. If you changed one to a auxillary then the engine may struggle to crank on a really cold morning.

Try searching, as this has been discussed quite a few times on here.

If it going to struggle in a clod morning to crank then when you put a dual battery system in just make sure it has a linking option so you can link the batteries up.

Salesman is a wanker.
The theory is that the two batteries were fitted to conform to European conditions of subzero temperatures and to provide additional cranking amps. Means that they make one vehicle as a standard and move it worldwide.
I doubt very much that a D22 will ever struggle to start on one battery alone here in Australia.

Salesman is a wanker.

Awe come on that's a bit harsh I like working on the theory that there is some poor sap somewhere in the Nissan factory who can't sit down because his arse was kicked that hard.

Manger: "Hey Roofus where did that surplus of Nav batteries we had get to?"

Roofus: "Well see boss there was a little bit of a stuff up, the pile was a bit big and I didn't want to get in trouble for wasting them so I've been sticking two in all the utes hoping I'd get rid of them before someone noticed. Just tell the buyers I stuffed up."

in japan often diesels will come out with a "winter pack". that generally includes a 2nd battery and fuel heaters.

the other thing to keep in mind is two smaller batteries are easier to fit in (which can effect crash ratings) and has the plus of being easier to keep cool.
also the later D22 is common rail which really sucks the volts. hence the far bigger alternator as well.

My truck had problems starting after a night of -5C. Not sure if it was the battery or diesel related.

I ran mine for a week or two with one of the batteries accidentally disconnected - no problems at all.

The theory about the winter pack makes sense, the D22 manual mentions a "heat" button which I think preheats the fuel. I don't think it's actually fitted to mine though

hmm i have that heat button its right of the steering wheel below the air vent, it doesn't heat the fuel though, just casues it to idle high till you put it in gear

Yeah, in mine it just makes the engine idle higher (1250rpm i think) to heat up the engine\cab a bit faster.

Latest posts

Back