Recovery points on bullbar and rear recovery points

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jase

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've trolled the posts and archives but can't seem to find the answer to this one. I have a '10 D22 STR and factory fitted bullbar. I notice there are two holes in the lateral steel below the bullbar - can these be used for recovery or will they bust something? I can see from other posts that the original recovery points holes are covered by the bullbar being fitted?

Also - what is best to use for rear recovery points? Thanks for any advice.

Jase

those holes aren't recovery points, however i've used mine for a pull off a beach. just don't do any snatch recoveries with them. even winch bars aren't designed to be snatched from generally. you should fit recovery points to your chassis for snatches, and preferably use both sides for hard snatches using a strap connecting both sides.

connect like this
snatch_front.jpg

fit recovery points something like these.
wsOB100.jpg

or this
DSC08836.jpg

I like the hooks, fast, no shackles required (= no projectiles) and the failure mode of a properly designed hook should be unfurling of the hook rather than creation of a projectile

Hi all,

I've trolled the posts and archives but can't seem to find the answer to this one. I have a '10 D22 STR and factory fitted bullbar. I notice there are two holes in the lateral steel below the bullbar - can these be used for recovery or will they bust something? I can see from other posts that the original recovery points holes are covered by the bullbar being fitted?

Also - what is best to use for rear recovery points? Thanks for any advice.

Jase

I think (but dont quote me) the manual says you can recover from these points using a forward motion. I wouldn't put much force on them though and certainly wouldn't tow or try an angle recovery or else they break for sure.

Has anyone found hooks with the right hole spacing that fit the front of the D22 without drilling? All I can find are the Outback Recovery points.

Has anyone found hooks with the right hole spacing that fit the front of the D22 without drilling? All I can find are the Outback Recovery points.

Yes there is a thread around here for fitting hooks to the captive nuts in the chassis.

The eyelets you mention are fine for recovery so long as its a straight line pull.

Yes there is a thread around here for fitting hooks to the captive nuts in the chassis.

The eyelets you mention are fine for recovery so long as its a straight line pull.

Any ideas on what to search for? I'm having troubles finding it.

mate i had the same prob, tie downs verse rec. points, with the help of the lads at tjm, there are two holes quite deeply down your chass. about 3.5'' apart well and truly beyond bullbar mount points almost with in bash plate points, and yes sometimes depending on what rec point your going to use ( i used the "outback ideas model supplied by arb ironically-95 a pair)you may have various points coincide...e.g.bash plate points or diagonal supports for your chass. cross memeber .....nothing some filing and minor (im talking mm) shaving couldnt accomadate for, have since thrashed the daylights out of theme with and without equaliser stratps static and dyno...great gear
rear...hayman reece with a block

Latest posts

Back