Rear Locker options? not many

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

krunchi

Hi Guys,

I am after a rear locker for mt 2010 Nav dualcab ST

ARB have quoted me $2330 for a rear installed.... ouch.
Reading the Frontier forums opened my eyes to alternatives such as Detroit offerings and the like.

I called Opposite Lock and they rang suppliers who all report that my only option is an ARB air locker??

Apparently Detroit make one which i assume is a Tru Trac but only for the
D40 up to 2008. That doesnt sound right, would any one know if the 2008 D40 has a differnet diff to the 2010 ST?

MY thinking is ARB only have the one locker for the D40 so the detroit shoudl work? OP Lock didnt sound too confident of that thinking, guess they would have to try and see?

Any help would be appreciated, if any one knows of an alternative id be keen to hear it too.

Thanks

As far as am aware the diffs are different between the Thai built trucks and the Spanish Built trucks.
Mine is an 07 ST-X so Spanish built and has the same diff as the Frontier, a Dana which has from memory a 10 bolt centre.However the Thai built truck runs a 12 bolt centre. Now I am not 100% sure on the 10 bolt vs 12 bolt but I do know for certain that the 2 trucks do run 2 different diffs.

Mate that's the same as I was told, I ended up getting the air locker because it was my only option. They make an incredible difference offroad, you can do everything slower and smoother.

Aussie Frontier - thanks for the heads up on the different Diffs.

Matt76 - Main reason i am avoiding the ARB is they are so over priced at $2330 installed.
Also i bought a Sahara bar of them for $2500 installed, walk in to pick up my car and casually start chatting to another customer with a d40. He goes on to tell me he screwed them down to $1500 for the same bar!! thats $1000 less than i paid!
So you see why i avoid ARB.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I am after a rear locker for mt 2010 Nav dualcab ST

ARB have quoted me $2330 for a rear installed.... ouch.
Reading the Frontier forums opened my eyes to alternatives such as Detroit offerings and the like.

I called Opposite Lock and they rang suppliers who all report that my only option is an ARB air locker??

Apparently Detroit make one which i assume is a Tru Trac but only for the
D40 up to 2008. That doesnt sound right, would any one know if the 2008 D40 has a differnet diff to the 2010 ST?

MY thinking is ARB only have the one locker for the D40 so the detroit shoudl work? OP Lock didnt sound too confident of that thinking, guess they would have to try and see?

Any help would be appreciated, if any one knows of an alternative id be keen to hear it too.

Thanks

Price must've gone up a lot in 18 months.....my ARB air locker was 1650 fitted but I already had the compressor.

I already had the compressor too so it made it a lot easier.

I'm not sure you have any other choice at this stage mate, oh and don't always believe what the bloke in the carpark tells you, that sounds awfully cheap for the sahara bar, I am guessing it wasn't painted or fitted but who knows.

You can fit a truetrac in the ST you just need to get it re drilled to suit the 12 bolt. There is a thread in here somewhere on how to do it.

Latest posts

Back