VNOG volunteers needed for flood clean up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodyD40

Reaction score
Folks, as part of a 4wd club (Four Wheel Drive Club of Victoria) we have been approached to help out with clean up following the floods here in Victoria.

Our club has been asked to help out a particular family in Central(ish) Victoria near AVOCA. I'm posting here to see if there is anyone from VNOG who may be able to offer their time and labour to help out other Victorians who need assistance.

At this stage, i'm heading out from melbourne on sunday afternoon (tomorrow) to a designated camp site near where we will be needed. Anyone who comes will need to be fully 'self contained' with food and water and camping equipment. There is showers and toilets available i am told.

The people we are helping out on the Monday want to provide a sauceage sizzle for lunch on that day. I'm not sure what is happening on any subsequant days.

a basic list of items volunteers have been requested to bring with them:

• hat, sunscreen and plenty of water
• solid boots (no need for gumboots, that was last week) or solid shoes
• gloves
• rakes, garden forks, pitch forks, rakes, spades (whatever is available)

If anyone is able to help out for a day or two, please contact me via phone or PM.

Regards, WoodyD40
(aka David)
0417 747 860

Sorry Woody,no way i can get out of work.
Weve just had almost a month off and customers are screaming at us to get there jobs done.

Committed to earning a few more mortgage tokens during the week.
Good onya though Woody.
Let us know how it goes.

Thanks guys for reading this thread and responding, even if at such short notice no-one has been able to come up with me.

I'll report back after i've been up there. Due to my own work committments, i can only afford to take the monday off myself - so i should be back some time on the monday night.

Just got back from helping a farmer in the Avoca area clearing and fixing fences. Very busy, long and hard day. Feeling sore all over. But the effort of helping a complete stranger is worth the aches and pains.

i kinda feel helpless, living in WA and would cost too much to head east to help. For now i have to stick to my donations, But would have been there in a heartbeat!! Love your work woody, its good to know there are some decent folk left in the world. Your a inspiration to us all.. Keep up the good work.

Brett

Latest posts

Back