clutch pipe

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larrymdr

Reaction score
evening all. Have any of you heard of an issue with a loose clutch pipe? Or am I being sold a story from the nissan service lady!!! My 2010 d40 rx has developed a rattle. More noticable when going up hill ?? Just had the 10K service done and mentioned it to them. After the service they told me they are waiting on a fix from Nissan. Plus are all service techs unable to find/replicate any faults !!!!!!

Thanks for any coments.
ML

thanks tkingcab. Should the fly wheel make this noise ??? was told it would get no worse and is a small issue.
ML

My 2010 rx manual navara does the same thing at between 2500 to 2800 rpm or between 60 to 80 km and more so when the a/c is on! I asked werribee nissan about it and said it was a clutch oraface valve!
Has any one else had the same problem?

yup....told it was a damper in the clutch line, they removed mine and put more padding around the clutch line (apparentely - never looked myself) and it fixed the problem for 2-3 weeks and now its doing it again. 2010 D40 King Cab

i have a 2010 st d40 and was told it was the clutch accumulator. got it replaced twice now and still makes the noise. it kinda sounds like a knocking sound from under the drivers foot well when you accelerate and its around the 2500 mark and above and even in every gear. they have had it for 2 days and still cant find it and want the car again. i havent even done 20k and this noise has been going since the beginning.

My D40 STX does it too but Steve Jarvin Nissan after 8 visits think they cant hear it !!!!! Even when they are in the car & replicate it....

I have a 2010 D40 ST and have a similar rattle. It goes away when I put light pressure on the clutch pedal. Was told at the 1000km service that it was a known problem and that they had adjusted the clutch cable for me and should be fine. Problems still there, will see what happens when I take it in for its 10000km service which is due now.
Quick question, will Nissan honor any warranty issues if I don't go to a Nissan service centre?
Thanks

Even if they do the work they don't always honour the warranty. Keep books up to date and all correspondance. I was told by the nissan service centre to ring nissan aust and hassle them.!!!!!!

I have a 2010 D40 ST and have a similar rattle. It goes away when I put light pressure on the clutch pedal. Was told at the 1000km service that it was a known problem and that they had adjusted the clutch cable for me and should be fine. Problems still there, will see what happens when I take it in for its 10000km service which is due now.
Quick question, will Nissan honor any warranty issues if I don't go to a Nissan service centre?
Thanks

Clutch cable?!?!!?
Dunno whos servicing your truck but youd hope they know you run a hydraulic clutch there

I have the same problem was told also clutch dampener they fixed it but it does return on the odd occasion.
It does make the noise at a certain rev ranges and vechile speeds.
slight press on the clutch stops it which in my eyes says there is the slightest amount of pressure in the lines which stops the harmonic vibration although as far as I know there solid steel type lines am i right in saying that???

If it was mine I'd get under it with some cable ties, if that didn't do it I'd order a braided line from Hell

Latest posts

Back