Anyone on KYB Shocks?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToyTruck

Reaction score
Have to replace the stock shocks soon. 2 are already leaking after 30T odd kms. Anyone use KYBs? Are the Excel G's or Scorched 4s any good?

The D22's come out with KYB's.

There some crap shockies, my rear shocks lasted 30,000km's and were replaced under warrenty.

The fronts lasted to 90,000km's and then they all came out and went in the bin.

I now run Bilstiens, wouldn't use anything else.

Thanks Dave. Guess that's about as far as KYBs can go. Our local stealership won't have mine replaced under warranty as they see these things as "consumable" parts. When I asked them why Toyota replaces them (twice under warranty in my case) no questions asked, the guy I was talking to just stared blankly into space. :banghead:

Yeah that's pretty much industry standard here. If you don't mind what's the valving on your Bilsteins? We had 2 D22's before, both 4x2's. We put gas shocks on both (forgot the brand) the one with the bigger engine handled and rode great, but the other one, boy it felt like it had trampoline seats.

No idea what the valving is.

The part numbers are in the D22 part number thread.

It handles awesome.

Hey Dave, I rang the local Bilstein distributor and all they had for the D40 was the yellow and blue HDs. Told me they were tuned "a bit" stiffer than stock, but I've been reading a lot of comments about the Bilsteins being too stiff and unfomfortable. How's the ride quality on yours? I sort of have a bad back so I'm really having a hard time deciding. I tried getting a trial run from them but no luck.

Mine isn't to bad. However mine will never be as comfortable as a D40 as the suspension set up is different.

If your local Ill give you a drive.

Or if your local to me I'll let you drive the Kubota, will be the same feeling :ha:

i have mates that run both kyb and beilstein and they both swear buy them ao i gess it is up to the person

Have to replace the stock shocks soon. 2 are already leaking after 30T odd kms. Anyone use KYBs? Are the Excel G's or Scorched 4s any good?

I've spent abit of time in Cruisers which I'm pretty sure come stock with KYB shocks (someone may be able to confirm/deny this ?) while in the NT and they handled the abuse (station tracks, if you can call them tracks !) surprisingly well.

cheers,
James.

Dave,

I see you run Bilsteins. I have just put on a set of 4 on a 06 D22 4WD with EFS 2 inch lift. Rear have longer travel but front are the same. Just completed 500 klm drive and they are worse then the originals which were repalced at 140k. Any advice?

Regards,
Tony

Dave,

I see you run Bilsteins. I have just put on a set of 4 on a 06 D22 4WD with EFS 2 inch lift. Rear have longer travel but front are the same. Just completed 500 klm drive and they are worse then the originals which were repalced at 140k. Any advice?

Regards,
Tony

You need to give more details, how are they worse? describe the oscillation, is it
the bump or rebound?

Dave,

Regards,
Tony

How ? Have a drive in the wet and see the difference.

Dave/Leprechaun,

They may be slightly better in the wet as half of the 500 klm round trip was wet. However I normally drive empty but this trip was with 4 adults so hard to tell. Both bump and rebound are effected. I am going to take them off this weekend because they feel like they failed. There is very little shock absorption at all. They feel the same as the original KYB when they were replaced at 140k. I am just wondering how much difference to the ride you are getting on the Bilsteins. Most of my driving is empty on the bitumen.

Tony

I admit its a slightly stiffer ride but where I point the ute, it hangs on and is very very stable on road.

I am happy to pay the price for the advantages.

Dave,
I am not getting a stiffer ride, in fact it has more bounce. Bump is thump and rebound is only a little better. With 4 adults I was bouncing up and down along the road a number of times rather then the shocks ride though it I gather you have standard springs and bars.

Regards,
Tony

Bloodviper,

Probably, I'm about to trial some Koni 4 x 4 this week will let you know.

Tony

Latest posts

Back