D22 Owners: Wanna improve your Steering

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy222220_0

Reaction score
All D22 Owners

Wanna improve your Steering and get rid of the Slop.

I'm inquiring about a stronger Centerlink from the states.

Meant to improve steering response and help save you TRE (tie rod ends) from flogging out so quick.

Reviews: (just search Centerlink or hoohaa)

HooHaa centerlinks - Topic Powered by Eve For Enterprise
Nissan Offroad - Index

If anyone is interested in one let us know. Looking at around $4/500ish depending on numbers, postage and the USD.

Last edited:
so do we have to send our draglink back over to him?
i dont have a problem with tie rod end's mine is with idler arms.

so do we have to send our draglink back over to him?

Na, can buy an OE CL one for US$60 online and post it to him (free post)

i dont have a problem with tie rod end's mine is with idler arms.

Yeah, i know what you mean. The problem is caused by the centerlink (draglink) twisting. This intern places extra force in a downwards or upwards direction on the end of the pitman/ idler arm. As the idler arm is weaker, it flogs out the bushes very quickly. See pic below. Once the bushes wear steering becomes sloppy/annoying

Replacing the centerlinks balljoints with spherical bearings, significantly reduces, if not eliminates this problem casued by bad steering design from nissan.

Prices are:
Number bought / Centerlink Cost / Postage / Core charge / Total (USD)

1. 220 + 75 + 60 = 355 $460ish AUD
3. 215 + 60 + 60 = 335
5. 200 + 60 + 60 = 320
7. 190 + 60 + 60 = 310
10. 180 + 60 + 60 = 300 $400 ish AUD

Attachments

• Centerlink_idler arm.jpg
    Centerlink_idler arm.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
Mmmmmm ok. Since I got our Navvy a few months ago and its done 100000K'S, I've been a bit concerned with the vague feeling steering. This could be a solution?

Hoo Roo

You guys are all alright nothing to worry about, my car is way harder to drive since the solid front end went in, its alright for me to drive but it definately feels like its got massive steering fatigue.
Everytime my misses drives the car i shit myself but she insists its nothing to hard for her. I havnt let anyone else drive it yet.

GUYS HOW ARE YOU

i am also having trouble with my drag link on my d22, i have stufed 3 in the 2 years i have owned the ute , i have put on a snake racing brace and this has helped the neally stuffed link from getting any worse . my question is this with out spending 200 + diollars on a heavy duty one does any one out there know where i can get a resonably heavy duty one at a reasonably good price , i dont want to put these cheap ones back on as the are just not cuttiong the mustard

Latest posts

Back