White smoke on any hill driving

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linked

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been having a problem with my 2008 Euro4 Navara; when ever I drive up a steep hill, the car will exhaust a lot of whitish/gray smoke. This will continue until the vehicle starts to drive on a flat surface and will dissipate completely in about a minute or two afterwards.

The smoke looks very similar to the type created hen the Nav does its DPF regenerate cycle.:confused:

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

I'm going to go with dirty/worn injectors. My Jaguar did that one day, like crazy, and it was varnish on the injectors. Took two sonic cleans to get them right.

You might try some injector cleaner, and/or (you can use both) some Chemtech Diesel Additive. Failing that, you'd have to pop the injectors and give 'em a clean.

Thanks for the info, took the vehicle to Nissan today and they suspect that coolant is leaking into the turbo( as the turbo in this model is water cooled).

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the repair would be a simple seal of some sort.

Latest posts

Back