Worn Body Mounts?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pointblank5

Reaction score
Do body mounts wear out?
I'm asking because my two front body mounts are loose, but the nut/washer is hard up against the crush tube on the lower side.
So it looks as if either the top or bottom rubber peice has got smaller (or both)

just wanting to know does this happen? and would i be best to get new mounts or shorten the crush tube?

cheers for any help!

i was also thinking i could make rubber spacers about 3mm thick to go with both the upper and lower rubber peices...
any thoughts?

My brand new D22 had worn body mounts after 2500kms apparently. Caused a knocking noise you could feel up through the drivers seat when hitting bumps. They replaced them under warranty and no issues since.

oh yeah ok, well mines done nearly 200,000kms now, so they are probably well past their use by date!
i havent got the knocking noise u spoke of, but dont like the idea of my front mounts being able to move side to side just by pushing the body with one hand!!
i am dreading finding out what new body mounts are worth!!

i was wondering how you got along with this.. I rang nissan for the parts and got quoted nearly a grand..

Am trying to see if there is a 3rd party version or if putting some hard rubber in between the mounts will do the trick

have you had any luck?

yeah i got quoted about 90 bux each, so times that by 8 body mounts!!
i ended up putting two 3mm rubber spacers top and bottom, so getting 6mm extra crush on the mounts.

seems to have worked, car feels less wobbly

thanks for that.,.i might give that a go \
(My car isnt swaying.. just making a bad squeaking noise when ever i have weight in the cab)

Latest posts

Back