Rear Springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have a question that possibly someone can help me with.
Would the springs from a new D40 be the same spec as a 2006 D40? The rear springs have always been somewhat weak and am wondering if newer springs might not be as bad .

I think they may be different, a new STX is listed as having more ground clearance. Maybe someone can count the leaves and measure their thickness to get a rough idea.

Now that is weird.I would have thought ground clearance was done at the lowest point, the diff pumpkin .Only way to increase that would be by wheels .
Just looked at the specs and its the same height for both
255/70/R16 and 255/65/R17 run exactly the same dia 763.27mm so thats out
Ground clearance 205mm vs 228mm for the ST-X so it could be they are talking clearance at the front end not the rear

Now that is weird.I would have thought ground clearance was done at the lowest point, the diff pumpkin .Only way to increase that would be by wheels .
Ground clearance 205mm vs 228mm for the ST-X so it could be they are talking clearance at the front end not the rear

I'm guessing the front crossmember is lower than the diff.

'Ground clearance' is the lowest sprung point, maybe the diff cross member or, if it's a hilux, the transfer case.

Lowest unsprung point is 0mm clearance - the tyre tread.

so in stock format that would be our front cross member ?

Yeah I guess, lie under a stock one and see what hangs the lowest.

On my D21 it's the cross member. That's not what I bottom out though, my chassis and transfer case bash plate cops a hiding because even though it's not the lowest part, it has a shit rampover angle.

I have a 09 model and my springs were inverted from the day I bought it.
stock ran a 4 leaf pack I bought Dobinsons HD 7 leaf pack and I find thats a great ride and height.
Im not riding on the bumpstops no more my back loves it.

Surely Nissan must think there is some advantage supplying flat to inverted leaf springs?

It can't be ride because springs don't have to be bent backwards for a compliant ride. :confused:

Latest posts

Back