anyone tried yoko geolander ats?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up a set second hand !!

Felt that they were excelent in the wet and impresive off road very soft walls though
Haven't had them on long enough to say how they wear

I have always run yokies on all my street cars - I just love em

Never, tried there off-road tires though.

I reckon there on-road handling would be second to none

Short answer!

They are shit :devil:

If you put the bastards on expect the following:

1) Teflon like grip in the wet

2) the infuriating sound of stones hitting your guards

3) short life span

4) many folks that have used them sniggering at you

IMHO - not fit for the purpose for they were sold :rant:

N

Each to their own I guess, but I have done about 45,000 K's on mine, mostly highway, with a little bit of off road and beach driving. I reckon I still have atleast another 50,000, maybe more. As for wet weather performance, far superior to the Conti's that the car was fitted with. Sure a little bit nosier, but that is to be expected.
I have a former work colleague (now retired), who swears buy them and he has travelled around Oz numerous times, in various 4WD's.

Hope it helps, Moorie.

Have had a set for about 2 months (265 / 70R16). Found them good in the wet and quiet on bitumen. Only had one short trip on dry dirt with no problems.

Mate from work runs these on his Trol. Thinks they are great. Good drip on tarmac in wet and reasonable off road too.

Can't comment on them myself as I went from stock Dunlop AT20's to Mickey T MTZ's.
Chalk and cheese :big_smile:

My 06 patrol ute has Yoko Goelander ats fitted and have done 75000kms easily, both offroad and road driving, not one puncher and drives fantastic. Will definatly try them on my 07 navara stx dualcab, see how they drive.
Cheers.

i havent run a set myself but they are next on my list next to the bfg ats. i have heard good reviews on the yoko geos and will be trying a set out myself once the stocko bridgestones die off. i will be getting 265/75/16s though not the 265/70/16 that the vehicle come with standard.

I've run these on a 1989 Maverick and a 1997 Forester they were excellent in all but deep Gembrook mud. Great on the road in the wet or dry and pretty quiet. I thought they wore well never had a puncture with mine, I did take a few chunks out of them and had one nasty gash in a sidewall but it didn't leak so it was ok. I'd run them again on the D21 when its rubber time.

my 2c

I am now running the Geolanders and so far have been happy with them. I took them for a run up to Connondale NP and they performed well on the muddy fire tracks, took them for a run up behind Gatton in the State Forest and was surprised at how sure footed they were negotiating the rocky jump up at the tracks entrance.
The other thing that sold them was the warranty on them. Puntures fixed for free, and blow out and damaged sidewalls replaced free for the first 25% tread use and prorater after that, and, unlike Coopers, they are covered any where in Australia on road and off road.

Do you think running the 75 series tyre is a better option over the standard 70series

without going into specifics yes a 235/75/16 tyre is better in some respects than a 235/70/16 tyre as the 75 or 70 is the side wall's height as a % of the width if the tyre tread. the higher the number the higher the side wall. Tyre size coding is an often misunderstood science, here are the basics. this website explains it. on my Maverick I ran 235/85/16 which were roughly equal to a 32" tyre.

Keep in mind larger tyres will alter your speedo reading and cause greater wear on driveline and brakes but you have greater ground clearance.

Thanks guys, my speedo is about 5-7km/h slower doing 100km/h, 75's will help recover lost speed and maybe improve fuel as well ??????.

Thanks guys, my speedo is about 5-7km/h slower doing 100km/h, 75's will help recover lost speed and maybe improve fuel as well ??????.

I take it you mean that the speedo shows 100kph when you are travelling at 93-95kph? If so then a bigger
tyre is the answer. If you are actually travelling at 100kph (GPS) and indicating 93-95kph then Nissan
need to fix this as no speedometer should indicate a lower speed than actual.

The bigger tyres will make your speedo read closer to actual speed but it is likely to increase fuel consumption
as more energy will be required to rotate a larger diameter tyre.

Murph

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back