whining noise d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streaker

Reaction score
gday all

Just brought a 2010 navara st TD and love it..
one thing though.. Its got like a whining noise coming from the engine. You can here it while going through the gears, and when your parked idiling just reving it a bit.
Its not the turbo, has plenty of power.

My dad has a 09 stx and it doesnt do it (same motor isnt it)
I dont know if its the nature of the car, or its the alternator or something.
I sprayed wd40 on the pulleys to see if that stops it but it didnt,

does anyone have a similer sound coming from there motor?

Maybe i should go hear a st from nissan just to see if its not just me..

Dads is just all motor noise, mine has i whine in it..

its done 29 thous ks

cheers

I get a noise coming from my turbo I think when slowing down with the engine or holding revs sometimes. Sounds like something fast slowing down and whining a bit.

I assume thats what it is anyway. Doesn't seem to be an issue so far.

Murph

I get a noise coming from my turbo I think when slowing down with the engine or holding revs sometimes. Sounds like something fast slowing down and whining a bit.

I assume thats what it is anyway. Doesn't seem to be an issue so far.

Murph

I have the same thing with the turbo in my 06 navara d40 rx.
No power loss or anything and mechanic says some do it and some don't.
But I did read that I should get it looked at as it could be a bearing or something.

The whining could be a number of things. If you hear it idling and just revving it a bit that is, you don't rev over 1500rpm), it's probably NOT the turbo, it'll more than likely be:

* alternator, either bearings or bushes

* main cooling fan clutch - try turning the fan by hand, it should resist movement a little but should be very smooth

* water pump

* fuel pump - and that's seriously something you want Nissan to fix, not yourself. Worth about $4,000!

* air conditioning compressor - try turning it off and see if the noise stops. Again, get Nissan to fix - worth about $1,000!

Good luck with it. Let us know if you get an answer!

hi all.
to those that were interested it was the tentioner pully baring. whining its arse off.
nice and quiet now, nissan fixed it in 2 hrs im happy now

Latest posts

Back