D21 & D22 Fuel Tank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unkn0wn

Reaction score
Hi

Does the d22 fuel tank bolt directly into the d21?

What tanks had intake pumps?

christian

I can tell you for sure that the D21 tank does not bolt straight into a D22 opposite of what you are asking, these they should be mutually inclusive. I know this because the supplier supplied me with a D21 long range tank to go into my D22, only figured out the mistake when I had already pulled all the standard tank out.

Hey Christian, I can take measurements off the one we took off the wreck so you can find out what has a tank roughly the same size?
It was all bolt on stuff to the chassis and cross member so if you can find one that will fit we can make up brackets to suit or copy the ones we took off.

Drew

I was hoping the d22 tanks fitted as they had an efi motor, so it would def have an intak pump.

did you ever take the sender unit out of the tank>? did it have a pump in it? what did it look like, i can find any pictures :/

I've done that. There's a lift pump, but it's not high pressure like the EFI one.

Is that for diesel and Z24/3l or just for the petrol's?

lift pump could easily be replaced with a high pressure EFI pump...

The lift pump was only in the Z24's, the Z20's all used mechanical fuel pumps.
The KA24's were all fuel injected so there's a possibility, a D21 tank from a 92 model or later (the 92 on 4 cylinder cars were all KA24E's)

I dunno on the diesels as I dont own one.

No lift pump in the diesel. The VG30E would have a high pressure fuel pump. The Z24 has a lifter pump. It's not as easy as a straight swap to an EFI pump as you need baffles in the tank to form a swirl pot. Grab a VG30E fuel tank and swap it in maybe. For simplicity.

Hi all, where can I get a long range tank for D21? How many ltr? I've been looking for one.
I'm in Perth.

Cheers

Jkt-Boy

Latest posts

Back