Mt. Mee Tracks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big_col

Reaction score
I am heading out to Mt. Mee over the June/July Qld school holidays with the family. I'll be staying at Nerum Creek Camping not Mt. Mee itself. I've been told that there are some good track in the park that range from easy to extreme. Anybody been? Which map did you use? I can't seem to find one for that area in the detail I want.

Cheers,

I stayed at Neerum Ck on the Australia day long weekend, its a fantastic camp ground. No tracks in Neerum Creek itself (that I saw) but planty straight out the front gate. Actually I think there may be some tracks up the back of the property now that I remember, I must have a look next time.

Thanks, the website looks great for Neerum Ck campsites. The hard part looks like picking out a camp site. I've got a kid and a wife who require (demand?) hot showers and toilets, so this ticks those boxes. Where did you stay at Neerum?

I heard that Mt Mee State (? maybe National don't know) park is pretty close to Neerum and it has tracks. I guess those are the ones straight out the gate you mention. Did you happen to try any of them out. I don't want to go exploring and get into a place I can't get my d22 out of.

Last edited:
Nah we were up there in my wifes Rav4 so just went for a drive through the state forest. we stayed on the (dirt) road though.

We stayed up at eagles nest I think its called, fantastic view but its a shit of a walk up the hill from the toilets and showers. It gets really crowded down the bottom along the creek on long weekends so I would suggest asking for one of the higher spots. Oh and book early!

Thanks for the advice. I had been thinking Eagles nest from what I saw on the maps on the net but you confirmed my thoughts - I hate walking at 2 in the morning with my 3 year old who has to go to the toilet. Not a fun experience so the closer the better.

I'll be going with my Brother in law and he's got a kluger and he has never been off road with it. I however wanted to go for a wander. If I got stuck there is no way the kluger would be able to get me out.

I'll be going with my Brother in law and he's got a kluger and he has never been off road with it. I however wanted to go for a wander. If I got stuck there is no way the kluger would be able to get me out.

I have seen Camrys do some amazing things offroad... :big_smile:

I have seen Camrys do some amazing things offroad... :big_smile:

LOL. You do have a point. I have seen the Youtube footage to back that up - a camry on the beech at Rainbow was an interesting sight to say the least. :big_smile:

When I was on Fraser at xmas I followed a brand new Forester out of Kingfisher - I spent most of the afternoon backing up and snatching him out. I don't think he could have done the same for me. LOL.

tracks up at Mount Mee at great and you will fly through the tracks, my narvara didnt have any trouble. The best map/book to crap is the dirty weekends book. It starts at Daybro and finshes at that cab site. You can just work from the camp site back and you wont get lost.

Latest posts

Back