What switch goes here?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe2006

Reaction score
I'm intending on wiring up some driving lights in my D40 & would like to utilise an existing space in the dash for the driving light switch.

I have looked in the handbook but nothing is listed for the space between headlight aim & mirror control switches.

Presumably in some market or model, a switch goes in that spot. Does anybody know what switch that would be? I am hoping that whatever goes there could be used as an on/off switch for lights.

I would much rather not use an aftermarket switch.

Thanks

Attachments

• Image0151.jpg
    Image0151.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 89
I believe that is a blank panel on all models. I've got my light switch there, it's just a simple rocker switch that came with the lights. It doesn't look entirely out of place and kind of looks like it should be there. If there was such a thing as a "Nissan" switch for the panel you can bet it would be expensive, Subaru once quoted me $170 for a switch that matched the panel in the same location on an 05 Forrestor so I doubt Nissan will be much different.

If the lights you have/get don't have a switch that looks good in that location just go down to DSE or Jaycar and get one that does, they have heaps of different ones and one of them is bound to look a lot better than an over priced Nissan switch they probably source from the same place.

I think the Pathfinder may have had a switch in there, something to do with the accelerator pedal (I think). I've seen heaps of people put all sorts of switches in there and like KraftyPg said, these can be picked up from Jaycar or even fleabay.

I've got my dual batt over ride button in mine with the driving light switch on the steering wheel column.

Cheers

I pulled out the light leveling switch and put my compressor and locker switches there. I think you can buy switches like them from arb for lights that fit perfect in the hole.

Thanks for the advice (& photo!).

If the switch sossel has installed is typical of what others have, they are a good match.

I will try see if I can find one the same or similar.

:cheers!:

Check with Nizzbits. I've just ordered the full nissan spotlight wiring kit off Garry which includes the loom and switch but he mentioned for the D22 just the switch would cost $36 delivered.

I wouldn't imagine there would be much difference between the D22 and D40?

Latest posts

Back