2010 STX Transmission failure

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stxowner

Reaction score
Hi just got my nav back from Nissan and thought I would share my recent woes. Back in Feb I was taking off from lights nice and easy when BANG went the auto trans and I lost drive. Rolled around the corner and checked things out but could not see any sign of problem, No warning lights, no oil leaks. Forward & reverse both the same. Called for the recovery truck and took it straight to my dealer. Now this is a relatively new STX with less than 8000km on the clock, not driven hard and only 4WD has been light work on the beach. My Nissan dealer was as surprised as me when they looked at it as this trans supposedly does not have any known major issues but they immediately provided my with a brand new 2011 ST to drive while they checked out my truck. I have to say at this point that my dealer has been great in keeping me on the road and informed of progress. Initial investigation indicated internal transmission failure. Signs of oil overheating but not clear if a cause or symptom. Remedy was to replace the complete transmission under warranty. Unfortunatley there was no spare readily available and it has taken some time to get here but finally it arrived and I am back on the road after 8 weeks. Nissan are sending my old trans away to their engineers for investigation so I have no info on what the actual internal condition was. My dealer checked out my truck for any contributing cause including transmission cooling system but all good. Hopefully this has been a one off problem and I have a long & happy nav future. I have read a lot of negative comments about Nissan dealers and warranty issues but for me I have to give my dealer & Nissan a big thumbs up for taking ownership of the problem and providing me with a replacement nav so I wasn't inconvenienced in any way. :cheers!:

Good to hear everything eventually worked out for you

On the dealerships there are good and bad .Some try to ignore you because you didnt buy the truck there and silly things like that. Its not always the dealerships that are the worry.my dealership was fantastic and tried to help me out even though I bought the truck elsewhere it was Nissan itself in melbourne that was the problem.

Good to hear U R on the road again and warranty provided BUT
EIGHT weeks to get the part -- that is absolute BULL SHITE but typical of most manufacturers today.
Rd's

Good to hear U R on the road again and warranty provided BUT
EIGHT weeks to get the part -- that is absolute BULL SHITE but typical of most manufacturers today.
Rd's

Wouldn't have a clue where the part came from but if it was Japan then I would expect delays at the moment.

Not good to hear of a blown gearbox that quick, though does sound like good dealer service.

Mitch

Latest posts

Back